Discussion Forum

Legacy deck, tips for improvement?

Hi,

I'm new to these forums and I've recently come back to playing magic after an 8-year gap. As you can imagine, it took me quite a long time to become even vaguely familiar with all the new cards!

Preamble over, what do you all think of this deck?

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=293088

The idea is to use the Pili-Pala/Grand Architect combo to get out a T2 Emrakul. At that stage, if I can find the Door to Nothingness, then I win. Obviously this scenario requires an ideal starting hand but the deck is full of tutors to get me the right cards. Emrakul by itself is no slouch either. In the limited testing I've done so far (on Cockatrice) I've usually been able to win by turn 4 or 5. My losses have been to decks that can delay the infinite mana combo by destroying/burning one of the necessary creatures.

Any tips for improving this deck? I don't own this deck in reality and all the lands and the mox diamonds make it prohibitively expensive to buy. Any ideas on making this deck a more realistic price?

Also, I'm especially looking for tips regarding the sideboard, I'm not really sure what kind of things might be situationally useful for this deck?

Thanks!!
Posted 08 February 2012 at 15:28

to post a comment.