Discussion Forum

Heritage Druid mana question

If I have three heritage Druids in play and then tap all three do I get 3 mana for each or their abilities for a total of 9. Or do I only get 3 mana total?
Posted 10 February 2012 at 14:41

this was just asked and answered last week: http://forums.mtgvault.com/showthread.php?t=6280
Posted 10 February 2012 at 15:30

Ib the post you inked me to they have 3 lanowar elves which they are trying to tap for mana and also use heritage Druid ability. In my set up their are 3 heritage Druids. The key difference is that lanowar elves have to be tapped for their ability to work and this cannot be tapped twice for heritage Druid ability. But since heritage Druids don't have to be tapped in theory tapping 3 heritage Druids at the same time would activate abilities at same time this giving 9 mana in stead of three. So they are very similar situations but there is a key difference, being that heritage Druids don't have to tap to activate their ability.
Posted 10 February 2012 at 15:41

the logic is exactly the same, tapping 3 elves is the cost of activating the Druid's ability.

the cost can only be applied to one ability.
Posted 10 February 2012 at 15:48

[QUOTE=Anung_un_rama]in theory tapping 3 heritage Druids at the same time would activate abilities at same time this giving 9 mana in stead of three.[/QUOTE]

that's not how activated abilities work, what you're describing is more like a triggered ability and it would be worded like this "when 3 elves are tapped, gain 3 mana"

whenever there is a colon":" that means the ability is activated and everything that precedes the colon is the cost for activating the ability once.
Posted 10 February 2012 at 15:53

Ok thanks for the info.
Posted 10 February 2012 at 16:40