Discussion Forum

Legacy Affinity Deck

Hi, i have an artifact affinity deck that maybe need an improvement, any suggestion are welcome! http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=289366 Thanks!:)
Posted 15 February 2012 at 14:03

Ok I like the deck overall. First thing though, you need a token generator. Myr turbine is great, tap for a 1/1 myr, throw in an unwinding clock and bam lotsa tokens. Add in a myr battlesphere and you're in business.
Mycosynth golem may be a good addition also, considering the whole makes all your creatures have affinity thing.
Posted 20 February 2012 at 05:15

Myr turbine with unwiding clock toguether are sweet. But Mycosynth golem... i think that is a bit unnesesary, its a good card but all my creatures are easy to cast, that include Myr Enforcer too, with a bit of luck i can play him in turn 2 with two or one mana cost. Thanks for the help!
Posted 22 February 2012 at 01:32

I can see what you're saying with mycosynth, he's just a badass card lol. No problem for the help. Hope it helps.
Posted 22 February 2012 at 13:03

Of course that it was! Thanks pal, i need the most ideas i can get to then decide how to improve my deck the best way i can.
Posted 22 February 2012 at 14:06

I add a Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and put out a Myr Enforcer (there was 3, and trust me, is a bit annoying see two of them in your oppening hand, so this would help). I know that Mishra could be a bit slow, but is a great card and i have Aether Vial if i cant pay the mana cost (because the 3 color requirement). Besides that, i only add one, its a bit risky add one more. I hope it works!.
Posted 23 February 2012 at 11:50

a really solid token gerenator is thopter foundry and sword of the meek it turns every 1 mana into a life and a 1/1 flying token.
Posted 23 February 2012 at 14:34

Thanks pal, im not a fan of sword of the meek but thopter foundry is a great card
Posted 23 February 2012 at 15:02

[QUOTE=Sieg021]Thanks pal, im not a fan of sword of the meek but thopter foundry is a great card[/QUOTE]

but thopter foundry is only good when you play sword of the meek?
Posted 27 February 2012 at 14:14

Maybe, but im not a fan of the sword of the meek =), besides, i said that is good card, but what im trying to do is recolect the most ideas i can get to then decide how to improve the deck, and the combo of thopter foundry + sword of the meek inst bad, but i try to win fast and with a combo i think that im slowing the deck imo.
Posted 27 February 2012 at 15:40

You pretty much have a typical affinity stocklist. Increase Galvanic Blast to 4 (it's the best burn you can run), drop Arcbound Worker, drop Æther Vial, drop Steel Overseer, play 4xEtched Champion (best creature in the deck), and play

4xOrnithopter
4xMemnite
maybe run Vault Skirge
maybe run Signal Pest
3xSpringleaf Drum
4xMox Opal

cut down land to about 15

You already included the ravagers and the Tezzerets. Cut down the list to 60 cards and it will be optimal. It's probably as fast as it gets but luckely for the rest of us not very consistent :)
Posted 28 February 2012 at 08:31

Thanks pal, i appreciated it. I give you a point in your build, but i think that its a problem with affnity. When you play against and aff deck, you know almost all the cards that the deck had, and it could be a problem, all aff deck plays with almost the same 60 cards, so im trying to do something different, but you are right in various ways, and i did a few changes to the deck. I replaced the frogmites for Vault Skirge, and for the mana, i replace 3 darksteel citadel and the 3 islands and 2 swamp for one more Glimmervoid and Mox Opal, and add 2 ancient tomb and 4 Gemstone Mine. I simple dont like Springleaf Drum without tokens, but i think it would slow me a bit if i run tokens. That`s for now, i will test it a bit more and hope it works, thanks again for the help!
Posted 10 March 2012 at 11:14