Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: Knights

Hi everyone =)

I'm looking for a deck with Knight Exemplar to make all the knights indestructible. (I think if i have two of them in play, all knights are indestructible? Even i.e. vs. Wrath of God?)

The deck should be played as "ramp", but i didn't really found hard-hitting Knights (Knight of the Reliquary or Juniper Order Ranger are the only one i found that can become very strong).

Furthermore, i had the idea of making the knights douple-hitting with lifelink (for healings).

It should be mentioned, that the deck should have 60 cards.

I gave it a try: Divine Crusade

What do you think?
Posted 23 February 2012 at 12:19

Dont know how great it would work but not too bad.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=300696
Posted 23 February 2012 at 20:38

don't really see the point of going "ramp" ..mono-white knights are dirt cheap

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=300740
Posted 23 February 2012 at 21:03

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=300813
Posted 24 February 2012 at 01:01

how about this:

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=301015
Posted 24 February 2012 at 04:39

Thank you for the decks =)

Seras: I thought "ramp" means to build up creatures (start with weak ones, then pump them up :P - like Knight of the Reliquary). Sorry for using it wrong ^^'. Your deck is very intresting: I didn't think of using Wrath of God in my deck (i just thougth of when the opponent is using it xD)
Btw: Isn't Wrath of God better than Day of Judgment?

andykillerlain: Hmm... I don't like that deck. I'm feeling like "downgrading" my Knights if i use too much equipment (it seems, for me, more for soldiers :P)

aeaeou: That deck would be very funny to play ^^ - But there should be Knight of the Reliquary too, so you can sacrifice the Lands you got in througth Path to Exile and put an Token into Exile.

cwuwildcat: Not bad deck, but i don't like it :P

Here my updated deck: Divine Crusade
Posted 24 February 2012 at 08:09

Ah I didn't think of that. Path to Exile the 1/1 tokens. then Sac the land from Path to Exile to buff Knight of the Reliquary. He will just keep on growing lol
Posted 24 February 2012 at 08:37

[QUOTE=aeaeou]Ah I didn't think of that. Path to Exile the 1/1 tokens. then Sac the land from Path to Exile to buff Knight of the Reliquary. He will just keep on growing lol[/QUOTE]

Exactly :D
By the way, aren't Tokens destroyed when they get exiled?

I'll build a deck with that scepter and Path to Exile later, or when my deck suck :P

LoL, how annoying is that? Your opponent can search a land each turn, sacrifice it and Knight of the Reliquary is getting stronger and stronger, but you can't kill her xD - Even when you put her back to opponent's hand, she'll come out next turn again :P

The only downside: You need something like Privileged Position to make your Creatures immune to everything (with my actual deck i changed two True Conviction for it) - or are there cards which exile/put back to hand all creatures?
Posted 24 February 2012 at 09:04

If a token is exiled/sac'd/destroyed it no longer exists when it leaves the playing field. I prefer Asceticism for the regen, but it doesn't cover all permanents. Also diggin the update to your deck.
Posted 24 February 2012 at 09:15

i will say that the update to your build is very solid, however, i don't think the Emeria the Sky Ruin should be in there as you don't exactly have that many plains in the deck. You only have a total of 12 plains in the deck, and it needs 7 plains to work, so that means (if you drop a land every turn) its ability won't trigger until turn 9, assuming you have played a plains for 7 turns and then the sky ruin, which is slightly unlikely seeing as you only have 12 plains and you have forests in there as well.
Posted 24 February 2012 at 09:23

[QUOTE=aeaeou]If a token is exiled/sac'd/destroyed it no longer exists when it leaves the playing field. I prefer Asceticism for the regen, but it doesn't cover all permanents. Also diggin the update to your deck.[/QUOTE]

Asceticism is very nice, but the Knights should be indestructible... So there is no need for the regeneration, furthermore: Privileged Position can be payed with plains to and protects True Conviction and Honor of the Pure (if you have two privileged positions in play, everything is hexproof) ;)
Posted 24 February 2012 at 09:25

I see what your saying now. Took me a second xD

Heres the update: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=300813
Posted 24 February 2012 at 09:30

[QUOTE=aeaeou]I see what your saying now. Took me a second xD[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for my english ^^'

The idea behind "Emeria, Sky Ruin" is as following: i'll try to save up 7 (or 8) plains for that, the others are sacrificed (btw. evolving wilds should buff Knight of the Reliquary too ;D), so i can buff her at least with +10/+10. The Sky Ruin is for longer games ^^

The strategy with the deck: Defense until i have some Knights and two Knight Exemplars in play, then a Wrath of God will pop up and kill everything (but not my knights ^^) and now attack with all my creatures and finish the opponent off in only one cataclysmic attack. :P

[QUOTE]Heres the update: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=300813[/QUOTE]

WOW! I'll try that deck as soon as possible (it looks great! :D)
Muaha, that will be sooo funny games with these cards ^^
only two things: what about Evolving Wilds? And wouldn't it be better to change two path to exile with two more Honor of the Pure (gives +1/+1 to all knights)
Posted 24 February 2012 at 09:34

[QUOTE=yani9o] And wouldn't it be better to change two path to exile with two more Honor of the Pure (gives +1/+1 to all knights)[/QUOTE]

Since most cards have exalted, just attack wth one creature at a time. Plus they will constantly be getting +1/+1's and eventually Double Strike and Lifelink. What about sideboarding 2 Path to Exiles for 2 Back to Nature? Just switch the amount of each as needed for each deck you go up against.

Evolving Wilds would help boost Knight of the Reliquary and let you shuffle so I don't see it as a bad choice at all.
Posted 24 February 2012 at 09:59

[QUOTE=aeaeou]Since most cards have exalted, just attack wth one creature at a time. Plus they will constantly be getting +1/+1's and eventually Double Strike and Lifelink. What about sideboarding 2 Path to Exiles for 2 Back to Nature? Just switch the amount of each as needed for each deck you go up against.

Evolving Wilds would help boost Knight of the Reliquary and let you shuffle so I don't see it as a bad choice at all.[/QUOTE]

Yes right ^^
Ah the Sidedeck is still avaiable :D

Do you know that it is possible to exile all creatures or give them back to opponents hand? I'm asking because that would be the only way to fu** my knights up... (it's not "destroy" nor "target creature")
Posted 24 February 2012 at 10:14

Maybe Sudden Disappearance or False Prophet?

Global effects cannot destroy because they are indestructible.
Global effects should be able to get through to exile because they don't target.
Posted 24 February 2012 at 10:43

[QUOTE=aeaeou]Global effects can still get through to exile all or something like that. But global effects cannot get through to destroy because they are indestructible. Maybe Sudden Disappearance or False Prophet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what i mean (see Apocalypse)

So i would need "Protect from X"? Otherwise... i have there a Iona, Shield of Emeria somewhere :P (little bit too much cmc...)

Or are there cards which prevent your creatures from beeing affected by global-effects? (hmm... that would remove true conviction, right?)

oh, i could put Brave the Elements in the sideboard ;P

edit: "Protection" doesn't prevent cards from beeing exiled... (source: mtgsalvation)

Is there anything that protects my creatures from beeing exiled? or bringing them back?
Posted 24 February 2012 at 10:49

But with emeria you are assumming two things:

1. That you whill get to 8 lands (all plains) by turn 8 whuch is very unlikely with 22 lands

2. That your.Knight of the Reliquary will stay on the field for an extended period of time, which again is quite unlikely in the current build of the deck, the only protection you have.for.your creatures is the knight exemplar, which doegnt keep your opponent from exiling your creatures, which is quite common outside of standard play.
Posted 24 February 2012 at 16:52

hmm, yeah. Iona is too expensive to play in this deck ^.^'

btw: i don't plan to buff the reliquary so much (perhaps +6/6 or something - with lifelink and double-strike that should keep me alive easily)

what do you suggest against exile?

Thank you a lot for helping :3
Posted 24 February 2012 at 18:08

[QUOTE=yani9o]
what do you suggest against exile?
[/QUOTE]

Play Chalice of the Void?

Think I finally like how it looks: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=300813
Posted 24 February 2012 at 21:46

Nice one :D

That i got it right: if i play chalice with 2 plains, i only can counter spells with cmc=2? (and i can't change it?)
Posted 25 February 2012 at 15:50

Great Idea:D
I took into consideration and created this. I use a lot of +1/+1 counters in this deck. Like using gavony township which I personnally think is tied for the best standard add one colorless mana to your mana pool land. Tied with inkmoth nexus. This is what I have.

Deck link: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=301777
Posted 25 February 2012 at 23:32

[QUOTE=yani9o]Nice one :D

That i got it right: if i play chalice with 2 plains, i only can counter spells with cmc=2? (and i can't change it?)[/QUOTE]

You could always manipulate its counters with Power Conduit or Energy Chamber. Then you would have a counter spell for virtually every card, and its only going to cost you 2 mana. Just play the Chalice for 0 then play the Power Conduit or Energy Chamber to change the counters from 0 to what ever you need.
Posted 25 February 2012 at 23:44

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=268056

This is mine, Pretty rampy, hits hard and fast. The knight exemplars make each other indestructible.
Posted 27 February 2012 at 10:31

It's really sad that some peoples here exploit every chance of messing things up... Just posting one link from a tool for my gf and me, some days later around 100 cards and severall decks are deleted... My gf was entering them for multiple days and weeks, but one of you thought "it'll be funny to delete them"...

Faith in humanity destroyed...

Thank you very much you little babies!
Posted 06 April 2012 at 08:32