Discussion Forum

EDH Question

Just curious if its possible to create an infinite creature cycle with Riku, Deceiver Exarch, and Simic Growth Chamber.

- Riku in play
- Tap Chamber and 1 other to cast Deceiver
- Deceiver comes into play which triggers Riku's Copy ability and untaps Growth Chamber
-Tap Chamber to Copy Deceiver
- Copy comes into play and untaps Chamber

Here is where it gets muddy to me...at this point a Token is what entered the battlefield and caused the untap of growth chamber, can the original (nontoken) still be copied? If the answer is yes, then it would seem like this is indeed infinite...if its no then the cycle should end the moment the player is out of the mana he/she needs to put copies of the Original Deceiver on the stack...

I'm horrible at articulating what i mean...so sorry if this doesn't make any since at all.

~Jonathan
Posted 24 February 2012 at 02:50

]9/22/2011 Each time the first ability triggers, you can pay {U}{R} only one time to get one copy of the spell. Each time the second ability triggers, you can pay {G}{U} only one time to get one token.[/quote]. Therefore, you couldn't get out an infinite combo. If you wanted an infinite combo with the exarch, you could always use splinter twin.
Posted 24 February 2012 at 06:34