Discussion Forum

SUPER Deck Challenge: Currrrses!

Build a standard or modern curse deck standard decks will be rated on a scale of 1 to 10 modern decks on a scale of 1 to 15 if you win i'll like your deck plus.. a special suprise bonus prize believe me you'll like it;)
Posted 02 March 2012 at 00:47

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=305248
Probably not a great deck, but it's Standard-legal and I'm sort of a Johnny player...
Posted 03 March 2012 at 22:58

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=305365
This was an attempt at a block-legal deck. still working the bugs out...sideboard not done but it will be mostly to cover any glaring weaknesses once I've play-tested a bit more. I also always like to build on a budget, so I may go to standard legal if it doesn't cost too much more.
Posted 04 March 2012 at 04:47

I dont have the witch 'cause i think misfortunes is better
Posted 05 March 2012 at 01:51

[QUOTE=randombum]I dont have the witch 'cause i think misfortunes is better[/QUOTE]

Misfortunes is good, but you can't put on duplicate curses like 2 Curse of Thirst. That's why I think the Witch is better- it can kill a creature and you can but on another one. Curse of Misfortunes runs out of steam in about 5 turns usually, so you eventually have to rely on draw or the witch.
Posted 09 March 2012 at 01:39

Okay i've rated your decks and they were all good just some little things are what made the difference, now i'm going to give you all a chance at bonusing your score by up to 10%. the challenge? Create your own version of the exact same in modern only using blue or red or U/W colors (you cant mix colors example: a U/W deck a solid U deck or a solid Red deck ) if needed you want you can add black but instead you get +5.5% instead of 10% (hint: all you need is to be 1 or less percent ahead to win) the extra credit will be closed by monday. if more time is needed contact me via message.once again good luck. and have fun at FNM tomo :D
Posted 09 March 2012 at 02:05

ive made a slight change to the deck on hindsight, hope you dont mind
Posted 09 March 2012 at 03:56

I had this idea a couple days ago but just now got around to putting it together. Just a simple R/W Boros Curse Deck
Posted 09 March 2012 at 04:00

[QUOTE=Col_Snugglecakes]I had this idea a couple days ago but just now got around to putting it together. Just a simple R/W Boros Curse Deck[/QUOTE]

lol ur a lil late XD haha but i'll count you
Posted 09 March 2012 at 04:50

[QUOTE=randombum]ive made a slight change to the deck on hindsight, hope you dont mind[/QUOTE]

I don't mind but it won't effect your score
Posted 09 March 2012 at 05:00