Discussion Forum

question regarding burning wish...

so lets say i have a time walk in my deck and i use it to take another turn. so thats done for and some turns later i pull a burning wish. now i know i cant use that card to return the time walk but can i get another time walk from my collection, thus using two different time walks?

and synod sanctum, for 2 colorless you can remove target permanent from the game. then you could for 2 colorless and sacrificing the card, return all cards removed back to play.

now my question is putting out time vault which comes to play tapped. what if i removed it from the game using synod sanctum and then sacrifice it to bring it back to play. does it come back tapped or untapped? looking for loopholes here cuz i aint about to give up a turn.
Posted 27 November 2009 at 14:14

my initial understanding is that whenever a card is returned to play, unless it says tapped, is untapped. However, I'm also inclined to say that the card is highly ambiguous since "returned to play" simply means removed from exile. Thus, a card that is returned to play could technically be put onto the battlefield, into your hand, your library, or your graveyard!
Posted 11 December 2009 at 02:11

Time Walk is P9 and restricted, you are only allowed to play 1. As burning wish only allows you to get a card from your sideboard and you are not allowed to put a second time walk into your deck sideboard included, you cannot get one using burning wish.
Why don't you just run Eternal Witness and get the timewalk from your graveyard?

PS: if you want to trade away that second timewalk PM me, I wouldn't mind having one :)
Posted 11 December 2009 at 13:51