Discussion Forum

Cryptoplasm + Jace Archivist

Very simple question. If i copied Jace Archivist using Cryptoplasm... does the new copy have Jace Archivist ability to tap and use its effect to draw cards? Also... one last queastion. If i only had one copy of Mirror-Mad Phantasm, and it was on the field and copied it with cryptoplasm... and had Laboratory Maniac on the field. Then used the copied MMP ability... would this be game for the other player... seeing im searcing for nothing, thus milling my deck to 0 cards?
Posted 04 March 2012 at 21:43

[QUOTE=Howlinger]Very simple question. If i copied Jace Archivist using Cryptoplasm... does the new copy have Jace Archivist ability to tap and use its effect to draw cards?[/quote]

Yes, Cryptoplasm copies everything about whatever creature it copies (power/toughnes, all ablilites, CMC, etc.), then gains the ability "At the beginning of your upkeep, you may have Cryptoplasm become a copy of another target creature. If you do, Cryptoplasm gains this ability."

[quote]Also... one last queastion. If i only had one copy of Mirror-Mad Phantasm, and it was on the field and copied it with cryptoplasm... and had Laboratory Maniac on the field. Then used the copied MMP ability... would this be game for the other player... seeing im searcing for nothing, thus milling my deck to 0 cards?[/QUOTE]

If you were to use MMP's ability and there isn't another copy in your library, you will effectively mill your entire library. Don't forget, though, that someone doesn't lose (or in the case of Laboratory Maniac, win) the game until you attempt to draw a card from an empty library. So you'd have to play something like Divination or wait until your draw step.
Posted 05 March 2012 at 05:15