Discussion Forum

Opinions on Artifact deck

Here is a pretty fun Artifact deck that I own. I actually found this deck uncompleted in my dad's room after he moved. It seemed pretty killer so I touched it up with some newer cards. Its one of my favorite decks and I thought you guys might like it. Tell me what you think!

P.S. - All suggestions are welcome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deck Link - http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=308345

Artifacts
4x Braidwood Sextant
2x Extruder
4x Junk Diver
4x Mantis Engine
4x Metalworker
1x Storage Matrix
1x Thran Dynamo
1x Thran Foundry
1x Urza's Incubator
2x Jhoira's Toolbox
2x Voltaic Key
2x Chimeric Mass

Creatures
1x Fountain Watch
Enchantments
4x Inviolability
2x Muzzle
2x Pacifism

Land
4x Urza's Mine
4x Urza's Power Plant
4x Urza's Tower
8x Plains

Spells
2x Moment of Silence
1x Day of Judgment
Posted 10 March 2012 at 11:25

I needed to respond to this post for several reasons. First off i have an artifact deck too, that might give you some ideas. Secondly, when you see the name of my deck, you might be able to identify another hobby we have in common!

In any event after looking at your deck, i like that you have the Urza's in, however one key change that i can see is you can also add a tolarian academy which will really give a boost to getting your artifacts out quicker. Heck taking a look at the deck as it is now, strip all the white out of it, and replace it with similar blue cards. Im almost positive there is a blue card out to do exactly the same thing that the white cards in your deck can currently do! And i feel blue is a more versatile color to play with artifacts.

In any event here is the deck link to my artifact deck. Did you make the other connection? lol!

The Colorless Killer - Dude's Sixth Path to Pain
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=341429
Posted 25 May 2012 at 15:35

.... I take that back, i can't think of a blue wrath of god - like card, that one might be hard to find a blue card thats similar.
Posted 25 May 2012 at 15:38

now that i think about it some more, there isn't a blue wrath a god like card, however you could use a a colorless eldrazi spell called All is Dust.
Posted 25 May 2012 at 21:06

As far as Pacism you could swith that out for Gaseous Form, Ice Cage or Web of Inertia, Pentagram of the Ages, Energy Field or Shield of the Ages could be used instead of Muzzle or Inviolability. Temporal Mastery, Time Warp, etc. could be used instead of moment of silence. and the wrath of god comment i actually ment your card called day of judgement (i called it the original day of judgement card). Food for thought.
Posted 25 May 2012 at 21:25

[QUOTE=jdudes].... I take that back, i can't think of a blue wrath of god - like card, that one might be hard to find a blue card thats similar.[/QUOTE]

I use leyline of singularity with ixidron for a blue mass creature wipe simular to wrath of god
Posted 28 May 2012 at 16:48

lol well there you go, you could effectively switch this deck to blue, and it would give you alot more options...
Posted 28 May 2012 at 20:09

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=274909
Posted 02 June 2012 at 00:36