Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: EDH assisting

Hey guys! I am new to pro deck building and such. I've built deck before but all fall under the categories of Budget and getting you as far as round 3 in FNM before you eat dirt. At the card shop in my town, EDH is the huge thing near standard and everyone's obsession with sword decks. Bleh, hate them. Anyway, this is my mikaeus the unhallowed deck. I know there must be a million ways to just abuse his abilities. However, since I'm not a pro magic player and I'm not the greatest combo maker, it would be really awesome if some people could comment on my deck and point out a few combos here and there I can use to really make this deck a deadly tool of gleeful destruction. Think about it this way: helping me make this a wrecking ball will make you a accessory in murder :D of my opponent that is... Ahem... You have seen too much xD bhahaha much help is welcomed :)
Posted 13 March 2012 at 03:11

im not really seeing your deck anywhere... are you just asking for us to help you build one? cuz if you want my opinion cuz i think mikaeus would be a pretty awesome general for a relentless rats edh deck. because of their ability you can have as many relentless rats in your edh deck as you want (provided your deck stays within the 100 card limit) your general would give them an extra boost, and make sure that even when your opponent kills them, they come back.
Posted 13 March 2012 at 04:11

i think you should add 99 different black cards without bloodthirst
Posted 13 March 2012 at 04:35

SOOO many different combos...

Having Mikaeus out when you evoke Shriekmaw makes it a 5/4 double Terror for just 2 mana, or evoking Mournwhelk gives you a 5/5 with target player discards 4 cards for just four mana. You can get infinite mana with workhorse or infinite damage with Triskelion plus any sacrifice outlet such as Viscera Seer, blasting station, bloodthrone vampire, Phyrexian altar, Ashnod's altar, or Attrition. With all of this sacrificing Grave Pact, Bitter Ordeal, and Pawn of Ulamog can be deadly, especially with the infinite combo with Tatterkite.

And, the best part is that, looking through your deck, no one could possibly single you out as someone who is going to be a threat without actually playing the deck :D These cards aren't exactly Tarmogoyf's.

Theses are just a few, there are probably a ton more good interactions/conmbos out there

You know what, I kind of like this, I might have to try it myself :)
Posted 13 March 2012 at 12:40

Oh man I'm totally sorry here is the link :P my bad
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=308661
Posted 13 March 2012 at 15:26

Sshouston: dude thank you so much!!!!! This helps me out a ton. Thank you man :D
Posted 13 March 2012 at 15:27

[QUOTE=SSHouston]SOOO many different combos...

Having Mikaeus out when you evoke Shriekmaw makes it a 5/4 double Terror for just 2 mana, or evoking Mournwhelk gives you a 5/5 with target player discards 4 cards for just four mana. You can get infinite mana with workhorse or infinite damage with Triskelion plus any sacrifice outlet such as Viscera Seer, blasting station, bloodthrone vampire, Phyrexian altar, Ashnod's altar, or Attrition. With all of this sacrificing Grave Pact, Bitter Ordeal, and Pawn of Ulamog can be deadly, especially with the infinite combo with Tatterkite.

And, the best part is that, looking through your deck, no one could possibly single you out as someone who is going to be a threat without actually playing the deck :D These cards aren't exactly Tarmogoyf's.

Theses are just a few, there are probably a ton more good interactions/conmbos out there

You know what, I kind of like this, I might have to try it myself :)[/QUOTE]

Maaaaad genius xD
Posted 13 March 2012 at 15:40

Haha glad I could help :D
Posted 13 March 2012 at 22:39