Discussion Forum

Elf Eldrazi deck help

I have a deck that I am planning on trying my luck with at a local modern tournament. I am looking for ways to speed it up, as well as protect my elves until they can get the eldrazi out. Any suggestions would be helpful.
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=310219
The deck runs by mana ramping, and using things like visionary and lead the stampede to get the elves I need like archduid, joraga, or fauna shaman (to get archduid or joraga). I then can easily get enough mana to get my eldazi out to then stomp the competition.
Artisan has the added benefit of often putting a second Eldrazi out if one of them has been milled or discarded or countered. Emrakul hs the added benefit of making my deck rather hard to mill.
Posted 19 March 2012 at 16:46

Sorry I can't view the deck but just going to list what helped my elf deck, heritage Druid/nettle sentinel combo is your best friend. Chords of calling is an excellent tutor and regall force gives you massive card advantage. For protection you shouldn't really need it as you will have too many elves to quickly for spot removal to do much. Vexing shusher is an amazing sideboard card
Posted 22 March 2012 at 13:55

have you tried running Cloudstone Curio?
Posted 27 March 2012 at 08:42

No, but I don't think it would help very much. Seeing as the only cards that get an effect from entering the battlefield are the visionaries and my eldrazi, but once I get the eldrazi out I win 2/3 matches.
Posted 27 March 2012 at 19:37

well they did about everything they could to kill elves in modern but Cloudstone can still get you infinite mana (Heritage Druid/Nettle Sentinel combo) and infinite cards (Elvish Visionary). It's hard to get all the combo pieces without GSZ but having a cloudstone or 2 is still something you should test. It can accelerate you into Regal Force or Emrakul early game. Infinite mana in an elf deck is usually the easiest way to win.
Posted 28 March 2012 at 06:50