Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: humans vs. zombies

I got a challenge for ya. Let's say that there is a tourny set up in a faction-oriented fashion. Humans vs Zombies in standard. The rules are simple, human decks can not use zombies and vice versa. On top of that these decks can only use creatures that are of their tribe. For example, a zombie deck can not use guys like Phyrexian Obliterator and human deck can't use angels or spirits. Just humans or just zombies. Which side would you be on? What would you build?
Posted 20 March 2012 at 21:41

Zombies

Gravecrawler
Vengeful dead
Phyrexian altar

Infinite damage combo

Add Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and it's infinite mana too
Posted 20 March 2012 at 23:20

Zombies
it takes awhile to get it off but I can infi out with grimgrin, gravecrawler, and rooftop storm for infi +1/+1 counters on grimgrin. add in diregraf captain, jar of eyeball, or gravepact and you got some cool combos.
Captain = Death
Jar = tutor for captain, stack my deck and try to infi out with captain
Gravepact = clear opponents field
gotta love how one card can make so many combos :D
Posted 21 March 2012 at 02:26

I love my zombie decks. I also love an underdog. So I'm going humans on this one.

Champion of the Parish provides a nice early threat especially once you get out a Thraben Doomsayer.

Gideon's Avenger and Burden of Guilt provides attacking deterrent and easy counters.

Mikaeus, the Lunarch makes for a nice booster for all your lil' humies.

Elite Inquisitor gives you free damage.

Throw in some control like Journey to Nowhere and/or Arrest/Pacifism and you could hold out fairly well against most zombie decks.

(edit) I almost forgot, if you go modern you can throw in some soul's attendants and soul wardens to counter the infinite gravecrawler/captain damage combo.

Not putting down zombies, I love 'em more than humans <_<
Posted 21 March 2012 at 21:04

I like the zombies. I messed around with making a zombie deck. http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=312152 I'm still proof-reading it and am open to any suggestions or tips.
Posted 22 March 2012 at 00:34