Discussion Forum

Genesis Wave with admonition angel

If I genesis wave for like 10 and i pull an admonition angel within the first few cards revealed, does the landfall ability activate for all the following lands I reveal and play, or does the ability activate for every land i reveal for the genesis wave cause everything comes into play at once, or does it not activate the landfall ability at all and i have to wait til i play lands after i play the genesis wave? If someone could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it.
Posted 07 April 2012 at 20:31

The cards that Genesis Wave allows you to put on the battlefield all enter at the same time. When this happens, each other card 'sees' every other card that is entering the battlefield at the same time. So any applicable Enters-the-Battlefield ability (including Landfall) will trigger.

For example, if among the 10 cards you reveal, there is the Admonition Angel and 3 lands. Then Admonition Angel's landfall ability will trigger 3 times, once for each land.
Posted 08 April 2012 at 04:24

What he said and if you read the card you reviel the top ten then choose and you choose the order they enter if there are any conflicting triggers because in magic nothing can technically happen simultaneously.
Posted 08 April 2012 at 05:09

[QUOTE=mtglord]What he said and if you read the card you reviel the top ten then choose and you choose the order they enter if there are any conflicting triggers because in magic nothing can technically happen simultaneously.[/QUOTE]

Pull up the comp rules and do a search for the word "simultaneously", and see how many things can happen simultaneously (the more common being untapping permenants during your untap step, SBAs, and combat damage). In this case, this rule applies...

[quote]608.2e Some spells and abilities have multiple steps or actions, denoted by separate sentences or clauses, that involve multiple players. In these cases, the choices for the first action are made in APNAP order, and then the first action is processed simultaneously. Then the choices for the second action are made in APNAP order, and then that action is processed simultaneously, and so on. See rule 101.4.[/quote]

So the player who casts Genesis Wave first reveals all X cards simultaneously. Then after choosing which permenant cards they want to put on the battlefield, all the chosen cards enter the battlefield simultaneously, at which time this rule may apply (and in the case of the OP's scenario, it does)...

[quote]603.6a Enters-the-battlefield abilities trigger when a permanent enters the battlefield. These are written, “When [this object] enters the battlefield, . . . ” or “Whenever a [type] enters the battlefield, . . .” Each time an event puts one or more permanents onto the battlefield, all permanents on the battlefield (including the newcomers) are checked for any enters-the-battlefield triggers that match the event.[/quote]

Then lastly, any remaining cards get put into the graveyard simultaneously.

And if you read the card, it says nothing about putting the cards onto the battlefield in any particular order.
Posted 08 April 2012 at 05:53

Thank you for clearing this up, Genesis wave and landfall works even better together than i first thought!
Posted 08 April 2012 at 15:13