Discussion Forum

Suggestion for card draw?

I was wondering if anyone got a suggestion for a card draw card(preferably enchantment) that could fit into a R/G elemental deck?

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=308887

I intend to take out snake umbra, though I suppose there's also the option of staying with the umbra and add the odd Goblin boggard(sp?) that could make it harder to block my elementals.

If you got other suggestions for improving the deck fire away

I have been considering Mulldrifter.
Posted 10 April 2012 at 15:18

Glimpse of nature, regal force, manamorphose, faithless looting, gitaxian probe, elvish visionary, and uhhhhhh... I'm outa cards to name.
Posted 10 April 2012 at 15:54

Hmm... Manamorphose doesn't look bad at all.

surely could be an option, thanks.
Posted 10 April 2012 at 18:20

Best draw spells in RG are Browbeat and Harmonize
Posted 10 April 2012 at 23:20

Also quite tempting.

What do you guys think about a mulldrifter in a deck without any islands or blue mana for the matter?

I would be relying on 4x Primal Beyond, 4x Smokebraider and 2x Incandescent Soulstoke to pay for it.

also what do you guys think of "Greater Good" ?
could I sacrifice creatures that would go to the graveyard at the end of turn anyway?

for instance if i were to sacrifice a lightning serpent would I then be able to pay "x" for it's +1+0 which would result in pretty much a pay x to draw any extra cards? With a lot of mana that sure does sound tempting if possible.
Nova chaser could also be sacrificed though got a lot of other things i'd rather see it doing.

Just to get something confirmed: I can't regenerate a creature I sacrifice correct?(learning as I play and have played magic for about 1½ month now)

I also looked a bit at Primitive Etchings
Though not great to let the opponent know which card's in ones hand
Posted 11 April 2012 at 00:44

Yeah, Greater Good is pretty much the best draw engine in Green you can get. It's perfect for an elemental deck where you have a great synergy with Incandescent Soulstoke and nice big creatures to sack.

Why don't you play 4xIncandescent Soulstoke? It's one of the best cards for this deck.

Other good draw spells are Hunter's Insight, Lead the Stampede seems good as you run many creatures, Harmonize, Creeping Renaissance might be good as a 1 off, etc...
Mulldrifter is indeed worth concidering as it is an elemental and can be tutored.

And no, you can't regenerate a creature you sacrifice

to Seras: I've never ever let anyone draw cards from Browbeat, ever. It's just a card that does 5 damage for 3 mana.
Posted 11 April 2012 at 09:09

well more "Incandescent Soulstoke" is possible especially if I gain some more draw cards add such as "greater good" and "mulldrifter"

was it possible to sacrifice Lightning serpent like i mentioned earlier? or sacrifice a creature summoned by "Incandescent Soulstoke" ?

might also add 2 more Soulbright Flamekin.
might remove my 2 Inner-Flame Acolyte to avoid geting to big a deck.

especially if i add heartstone to the deck 3 mana to get 8 red mana back and 3 models with trample this turn.
Posted 11 April 2012 at 11:23

yeah you can sacrifice any creature you control, it doesn't matter what would happen to it at the end of turn.
Posted 11 April 2012 at 13:11

[QUOTE=Seth]
to Seras: I've never ever let anyone draw cards from Browbeat, ever. It's just a card that does 5 damage for 3 mana.[/QUOTE]

that's fine, I've never complained about someone choosing to take the 5 damage.
Posted 11 April 2012 at 15:12