Discussion Forum

R/G deck, could use some help

Like the deck name says, this thing can't seem to decide where it's headed. Despite that though, I've been having pretty solid success with it.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=321839

There are definitely some low power cards I can swap out for better versions of themselves, but the low mana curve and relatively ubiquitous mana search seems to keep everything running smooth.

Any ideas are gladly welcome. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite decks to play
Posted 12 April 2012 at 00:11

My question is: what are you trying to do? You have a lot of mana conversion, but what are you using all of the mana for? Where the blazes are the Blazes?
Whenever you are using a creature that costs 6 cmc, you have to ask yourself whether it is better than Wurmcoil Engine.
Get rid of that talisman of impulse and replace it either with a Cameo from Invasion (I think you need Troll Horn's Cameo) or Rootbound Crags.
You don't need wirewood herald. What you need is Timberwatch Elf. If you are going to be using spikeshots, you need more ways than just equipment to make them stronger.
Love your voracious cobra, for it is amazing and needs to be played more often.
Think about getting kusari-gama to go with your deathtouch/cobra theme.
Posted 12 April 2012 at 18:18