Discussion Forum

Question about Argentum Armour

Ok, so I have Leyline of Sanctity, Spiritual Asylum, Fountain Watch, Elixir of Immortality, Searing Meditation, Curse of Bloodletting, Ajani's Mantra, and Worship in play. I have one life. My opponent has about 6 creatures out, and one of them he has attached the argentum armour. then he has declared this creature attacking, therefore triggering the ability of the argentum armour, now would all my permanents be protected because this is still a triggered "ability" when the spiritual asylum says my creatures and lands cannot be the target of spells or abilities, leyline says i cannot be the target of spells or abilities, and fountain watch says that my artifacts and enchantments cannot be the target of spells or abilities. the argentum armour wouldnt work because it says "destroy target permanent" where all my cards say "cannot be targeted by abilities"?
Posted 19 April 2012 at 18:26

If something or someone can't be targeted, then it/they are protected from Argentum Armor's second ability because it requires a target. If you and all your permanents can't be targeted, then your opponent has to choose a permanent belonging to either themself or someone else (if your in a multiplayer scenario).
Posted 19 April 2012 at 19:45

not only that, but he MUST destroy something, so e would have to target something of his own.
Posted 22 April 2012 at 01:51