Discussion Forum

Willl this work to create infinite loop?

Heartless Summoning + 2 Myr Retriever can it make an Infinite Creature Casting and Destory Loop?

1. Cast Heartless Summoning
2. Put into play Myr Retriever (a) for free as it comes into play it dies and goes to graveyard due to Heartless Summoning
3. Put into play Myr Retriever (b) for free as is comes into play Myr Retriever (a) comes back into your hand due to Myr Retriever (b) dieing ability being activated.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 endlessly.

Myr Retriever
Artifact Creature — Myr 1/1, 2 (2)
When Myr Retriever dies, return another target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
Posted 25 April 2012 at 15:07

It's not a loop per se, but it is a cycle you can repeat as much as you want.

which is great for storm =)

inspired me to make a modern storm deck based on this:

4 heartless summoning
4 myr retriever
4 infernal tutor

4 grapeshot
4 Manamorphose
4 Pyrite Spellbomb

3 empty the warrens
3 seal of fire
3 Gitaxian Probe
3 spellskite

24 lands

not sure about the mana base yet
Posted 25 April 2012 at 19:30

Hi Serra,

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah the type of deck you threw together is what I'm think of making with it.

I thought maybe the Myr's ability might of been stopped because the Myr whose ability is might be triggered by dieing wouldn't be triggered because it had summoning sickness.

Is there a rule that explain's why artifact creatures abilities aren't effected by summoning sickness.
Posted 25 April 2012 at 21:44

artifact creatures are totally affected by summoning sickness just like any other creature.

but summoning sickness only applies to activated abilities that require taping, the Myr Retriever's ability is a triggered ability so it's not impacted.
Posted 25 April 2012 at 22:01

yea myr retriever combos are sick, try adding ashnods alter too, helps you get the combo going in case you dont get heartless summoning in time or you want extra mana or just to be able to keep myr retriever on the field. If you wanted any ideas i have a myr retriever infinite sac deck too that i really like and it works really well most the time . Just some suggestions tho =p

Retriever Death
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=230962
Posted 03 May 2012 at 04:32

lol, Gravestorm this with [CARD="Bitter Ordeal"]Bitter Ordeal, I've been trying to think of a great way to make Bitter Ordeal work for me, and with this I think I've finally got it.
Posted 19 October 2012 at 09:31