Discussion Forum

mana pool help

hi I need some help..so please be gentile :o and sorry for my bad english

My last uffica MTG games was played about 15 years ago..I was 15....after that I quite with MTG.
some weeks ago...a wifes younge brother(18) re-opende the MTG fan in me and I built a deck with no rules to play with him just for fun...so baned card and the old one are allowed. In my deck I'm using DARK RITUAL...and now I'll get to the point:

when I tap DARK RITUAL to add 3 black mana to my mana pool...are this additional 3 mana available only in this turn or are available in my every next turn?

why I'm asking...in my time(15 years ago)...we played DARK RITUAL to add the 3 black mana only in that turn..so the next turn there was no mana in my pool at the start of the new turn...but my wifes little brother is telling me that once you cast the DARK RITUAL...the 3 black mana are always restored in every turn...even if the mana was used in the previous turn. It's bit strange to me and he explained to me that he is right since there is no text on DARK RITAL like "until end of turn"...so it's forever..in every turn.

I'm not sure if this is right :rolleyes:...so I would like you to help me clerify this enigma...does DARK RITUAL give you the additional 3 black mana only in the turn that you cast it or in every turn?:confused::confused::confused:

thanks and br :manab::):manab:
Posted 27 April 2012 at 10:45

your mana pool empties out at the end of each phase, so if you cast a dark ritual in your first main phase and then declare combat, it's already gone.
Posted 27 April 2012 at 11:27

so I was right...great

thanks for your help

br
Posted 27 April 2012 at 12:15