Discussion Forum

Augur of Skulls

hi all,

I need a help to understand the ability of this card:
Augur of Skulls:
:mana1::manab:: Regenerate Augur of Skulls.
Sacrifice Augur of Skulls: Target player discards two cards. Play this ability only during your upkeep.

never mind about the quantity of the available land in play, the question is:
How many time can I sacrifice and regenerate Augur of Skulls in one single upkeep? :confused:

example:if I have 6 swamps available that means that I can regenerate it 3 times..can I do it in one single upkeep to make my opponent discard 6 cards?:D or it's able to perform only 1 ability/upkeep?:rolleyes:

thanks for your nice reply and please don't laugh if the question is stupid:o

br
Posted 11 May 2012 at 06:45

[QUOTE=bers13]
How many time can I sacrifice and regenerate Augur of Skulls in one single upkeep? :confused: [/QUOTE]

You can give it as many regeneration shields as you want/have mana for but you can sacrifice it only once. Once sacrificed it's in the graveyard and you can't sacrifice it again.

You don't understand regenaration. Regeneration triggers the next time the creature is destroyed, a sacrificed creature is not destroyed, it's sacrificed, it's not the same thing. The abilities have no synergy.
Posted 11 May 2012 at 08:23

Hi Seth, again :)
thanks for your quick reply.

ok...I understand now....if the creature is destroyed it can be regenerated
but if it's sacrificed...it can't be regenerated.

that's why I'm writting this "stupid questions" to clerify my self some details of MTG. And I think there will be more in the future :o

thanks again.

br
Rade
Posted 11 May 2012 at 08:28