Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: Malignus

Alright so I was watching Pro Tour Barcelona and decided I NEEDED more cards so a quick trip to the card store and 2 fat packs later many cards were pulled including 2 vexing devils (one foil :D) and (the important part) a foil Malignus. After pondering how these cards could change my life I realized many a shenanagin could be done with Malignus, and Even after responding to multiple deck challenges I have yet to create my own.

With all of that said here is my challenge to you: make a deck that wins by a one hit KO with Malignus.

It doesn't matter which format you use as with the addition of Gisela in AVR you Can do it in standard with a fling. Or you can go modern/legacy/vintage with furnace of rath or anthem of Rakdos, or even Heartless Hidetsugu. These are just a few suggestions, there are probably plenty of ways to do it. I will leave finding others to you. Although you are more than welcome to use the ones listed above.

As always Good Luck and have fun! :D
Posted 13 May 2012 at 19:02

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=337968
i thick this will work but a bit pricie but you can make some subtitutions to lower price
Posted 15 May 2012 at 19:59

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=338069

I'm testing this tonight. I sort of stole the idea from today's ReConstructed which featured a U/G Turbo-Fog(sp white for DoJ). The idea is to stop as much of your opponent's threat as possible then drop Day, Malignus, And Gisela right in a row. Maybe also drop Aegis for protection on the malignus. Save the big play for when you have one O-ring or both(per board) to stop any creature. SB is a draft for different kinds of protection and permission for the general meta (aggro-control-combo). Some are interchangable and, again, it depends on what the opponent plays. Abolisher will probably see a lot of play to stop the freaking mana leak pandemic in magic.

Comment!
Posted 15 May 2012 at 23:26

Hey mate, I just whipped this up when I saw your challenge. I haven't looked at any of the other decks so if I steal your thunder, apologies. I tried to avoid the Fling concept but it's up to you to do what you want with it.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=339450

The way this deck works is that you can play your creatures to block/pressure your opponent while you work your way to turn 5. Spells like O-Ring and Pillar of Flame kill/remove creatures/planeswalkers while others such as Porcelain Legionairre and Mr. Vex can do the same. Grand Abolisher stops Mana Leaks and Fogs from working, and if played before their second turn can avoid Leak itself!

Now, for the star himself. The methods for OHKO'ing an opponent can go several ways.
1) Malignus + Gisela
2) Malignus + Flail
3) Malignus + Silverblade (please confirm, not too sure on this one)

Even if the opponent somehow finds a way to rid you of your precious Malignus, you can still win fairly easily. Silverblade + Mr. Vex/Gisela makes for a nice combo... just saying...

Note that I have not tried this deck at all and probably won't (which is a shame) so if anyone can, please do!
Posted 19 May 2012 at 06:45