Discussion Forum

Phantasmal Image+Devastation Tide?

Very simple question... if i use Devistation Tide While i have a copy of Phantasmal Image in play, does it die? I only ask because Phantasmal Image says if it's targeted... it dies. However, Devastation Tide says return all nonland permanents to thier owners hands. Nothing in it's effect says target, so am i wrong to say Phantasmal Image dies? Any help with this question will be valued highly. Thank you...
Posted 15 May 2012 at 08:27

You're right, Devastation Tide doesn't say target, and therefore it doesn't target. Thus it won't trigger the sacrifice ability on Phantasmal Image. So it will be returned to your hand along with any other nonland permanents you may have out.
Posted 15 May 2012 at 08:47

[QUOTE=efinmiller]You're right, Devastation Tide doesn't say target, and therefore it doesn't target. Thus it won't trigger the sacrifice ability on Phantasmal Image. So it will be returned to your hand along with any other nonland permanents you may have out.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, thank you so much. I'm happy someone agree's to this. Last FNM, this came up, and when qestioned... got six answears that sead this did not work, one being from the judge him self. Upon this being brought to his attention, he asked thos who i won against if i used the card in this manner... needles to say i was dropped from the FNM and marked down for cheating. Which cost me from getting first place.

This being sead, i will contact wizards and request one last review on this matter, and if what was sead here lines up, i,ll return to the store that heald FNM and demand my prize, and have the judge review his info and over all gaming insight, so is NOT to make such a misteak again.
Posted 15 May 2012 at 22:14