Discussion Forum

bonfire of the damned

so, this card has an unsual mana cost. XXR. why 2 X when there isn't anything stated for the second X to be used for? Other than that confusion I really like this card, and want to add it to a deck I am building. But I want to understand it first. :(
Posted 18 May 2012 at 20:23

You have to pay the X cost twice. For example, you pay 1 red and 2 mana: it deals 1 damage to the creatures and players.
Posted 18 May 2012 at 22:39

Yeah this card is misunderstood by most players. Bonfire of the Damned deals X damage to target player and each creature he or she controls. Miracle {X}{R} (You may cast this card for its miracle cost when you draw it if it's the first card you drew this turn.)
One of the Xs is for how much damage will be done to a player. The other x of the mana cost is how much damage will be done to the creatures. So if you wanted to you can one of the Xs cost nothing. However you would have to stat which X you were not playing for. For example, if you just wanted to do damage to the creatures say someting like "I'm playing X of 4 to damgage the creatures and X of 0 to damage the player" You are playing x twice but it just so happens one of the x cost is 0.
Posted 22 November 2012 at 07:48

[QUOTE=vines]Yeah this card is misunderstood by most players. Bonfire of the Damned deals X damage to target player and each creature he or she controls. Miracle {X}{R} (You may cast this card for its miracle cost when you draw it if it's the first card you drew this turn.)
One of the Xs is for how much damage will be done to a player. The other x of the mana cost is how much damage will be done to the creatures. So if you wanted to you can one of the Xs cost nothing. However you would have to stat which X you were not playing for. For example, if you just wanted to do damage to the creatures say someting like "I'm playing X of 4 to damgage the creatures and X of 0 to damage the player" You are playing x twice but it just so happens one of the x cost is 0.[/QUOTE]

Dude, this is the second time I see you respond with an answer that is totally incorrect and you state it like you know it for a fact. Please read the rules of the game before confusing people. Besides the XX notation is basic math notation, I don't know how old you are but this is kids stuff. The value of X must be stated and if the cost is XX it means X times 2. The first X can never be different from the second. If it were the notation would be XY or something.

Please stop posting inccorect answers or at least tell people you think this is the way it is but you are by no means sure of it.
Posted 06 December 2012 at 09:54

yeah my bad.
Posted 09 December 2012 at 05:47