Discussion Forum

Deck Building w/ Seth - Dude's 5th Path of Pain

Hi Seth,

You have been real helpful with my multi color decks that i figured i should probably run all my decks by you. As i hinted to in my last thread there are Six total!

The one below is something new I am working on. I actually only have played it twice and i think it could still use some work. Its a colorless deck and I am trying to use mana acceleration to get big creatures out quick and then keep them out with my all is dust cards. Let me know what you think!

//NAME: Colorless - Dude's 5th Path of Pain
1 Pendelhaven
1 Tolarian Academy
1 Urza's Factory
1 Eye of Ugin
3 Urza's Mine
3 Urza's Tower
3 Urza's Power Plant
2 Eldrazi Temple
10 Forest

2 Roterothopter
1 Signal Pest
4 Myr Servitor
1 Ichorclaw Myr
2 Perilous Myr
1 Warden of the Wall
4 Myr Galvanizer
1 Myr Propagator
1 One-Eyed Scarecrow
1 Myr Welder
2 Juggernaut
2 Myr Battlesphere
1 Myr Enforcer
1 Ulamog's Crusher
1 Hand of Emrakul
1 Artisan of Kozilek
1 Pathrazer of Ulamog

3 Wild Growth
4 Fog
1 Channel
2 All is Dust

1 Everflowing Chalice
1 Sol Ring
1 Zuron Orb
1 Fountain of Youth
1 Golden Urn
1 Shrine of Loyal Legions
1 Howling Mine
1 Golem's Heart
1 Cloud Key
1 Triassic Egg
1 Grappling Hook
1 Seer's Sundial
[/deck]

Thoughts, comments, alterations, suggestions welcome!
Posted 23 May 2012 at 18:46

So after looking at the deck I made some tweaks. Obviously this is not legacy format however i think it would qualify for vintage. I feel its still running too slow however. Thoughts, Suggestions?

Colorless Killers!!! - Dude's 5th Path to Pain (Colorless - Artifact/Experimental)
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=341429
Posted 06 June 2012 at 19:43

This kind of deck is a long way from my comfort zone.

- What I can suggest right away is when I would play UrzaTron I would play Explore and blue stuff that filters my deck like Compulsive Research and Ponder to set up my Tron as fast as possible. Maybe even something like Reap and Sow and Primeval Titan seems obviously good.

- I think Everflowing Chalice is very powerful so I would probably max it out.

- I would likely play 4xMetal Worker in a competitive build but I might not do this in a casual build because it's so broken it borders on being lame.

A friend of mine build a Eye of Ugin casual deck when Rise of the Eldrazi came out just to show how rediculous the set was and he had a big ass eldrazi out between turn 3 and 5, always and he went infinite turns with Emrakul by turn 6 or 7 each time. It was rediculous so he stopped playing the deck shortly after.
From what I remember he played UrzaTron like you, 1 Eye of Ugin, Cultivate, Explore, and probably some more mana ramp cards.
Posted 07 June 2012 at 10:15

Seth,

Definately got some homework to do over the weekend, because i think i am only familiar with half those cards! Looking at more mana ramp and/or cantrips for the deck and your right about finding ways to set up urzatron quick. Your story about your friend is funny. Funnest thing i've done with this deck is get an eldrazi out on turn two via channel (hence why its banned now i guess!)

Back to the drawing board, more to come!
Posted 07 June 2012 at 22:13

I'm pretty sure channel is banned (or at least restricted, I haven't checked as I don't play vintage) because of turn 1 land, Black Lotus, Channel, Fireball win.
Posted 08 June 2012 at 08:10

lol that is one combo that is soo old school that even I AM familiar with it!!!
Posted 08 June 2012 at 20:49