Discussion Forum

Speeding up my control magic deck, Please help!

Hi everyone,

I have a fun blue control magic deck i like to use. It pretty much incorporates control magic and clone like spells to essentially use my enemies deck against him or her. After playing it quite a bit, I still feel its working too slowly. Looking at its mana curve i know it seems that its sweet spot is four so I figure i can reduce cards at that cost. Any thoughts on how i might be able to speed this deck up, as well as what cards i may want to remove if need be?
Posted 25 May 2012 at 23:57

This probably helps.....

Their Clone Army - Dudes 4th Path to Pain (U Control)
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=341442
Posted 25 May 2012 at 23:59

So since you decided to check out my deck i'm checking out yours. Now my suggestions are (and only suggestions) get rid of zuron orb, not really seeing its purpose. Add some brainstorms (my personal favorite card of all) then some call to minds to pull them back out. Your mana curve is really good but why not some high tides? Use them to play call to mind and pull something out of your graveyard and play it all in the same turn, maybe even caged sun, why not? Personnal favorite of my husbands, blatant thievery and rite of replication. Nothing like stealing their permanents and then making 5 copies of a ceature again using high tide. Recall is a decent enough card but looks like too much mana for me. The high tides, call to minds and brainstorm might speed up the deck to get what you want out of your deck faster. Maybe get rid of the dual lands that are giving you 2 colors you don't need, add a gilded lotus or thran? Sell dual lands get a black lotus lololol??? Maybe replace the orb with Sensi's Divining Top another great card. Then finally Boseiju, Who Shelters All. Staple card for a blue deck against other blue decks with counterspells. It stops a spell you really need to cast from being countered. Ok no more suggestions i promise
Posted 27 May 2012 at 14:59

hey thanks for the tips, i was in a tourney today and several of the players there suggested both brainstorm/ponder and high tide as well. Probably gonna take the zuron out as it doensn't go with the flow, and i like your high tide idea as i am running into problems especially in earlier rounds with mana. I'll post my changes this week, you can let me know what yah think.

Thanks for the feedback
Posted 27 May 2012 at 20:13