Discussion Forum

Need advice for white black sacrifice deck.

Hello, I am new here and particularly new to Magic. I have all of the rules down and know a variety of decks but I consider the dark sacrifice deck my favorite. That is the deck I want to discuss and need advice on. My deck that I have tweaked out of the this dark ascension deck is a mostly white and a little black sacrifice deck which is based on sacrificing humans for tokens and counters. I want to make this deck fast enough for tournaments instead of only for casual. Here is my deck:
15x Plains
7x Swamps
2x Piranha Marsh
1x Arcane Sanctum
2x Avacyn's Collar
3x Glavanic Juggernaut
2x Demonmail Hauberk
1x Demon's Horn
1x Whispersilk Cloak
2x Champion of the Perish
1x Soul's Attendant
4x Doomed Traveler
4x Unruly Mob
1x White Knight
2x Village Cannibals
3x Elder Cathar
1x Mausoleum Guard
2x Elgaud Inquisitor
2x Fiend of the Shadows
1x Serra Angel
!x Tragic Slip
1x Culling the Weak
4x Gather the Townsfolk
2x Journey to Nowhere
2x Lingering Souls
1x Curse of Exhaustion
1x Curse of Exhaustion
1x Unburial Rites
And last but not least,
1x Gideon Jura

Any suggestions?
Posted 30 May 2012 at 02:11

- use a deckbuilder to visualize your deck like this one http://deck.tk/9EIP1Ohx and post the link
- Culling the Weak isn't Modern legal
- You need to understand that these premade decks wizards sells are extremly weak. They are not optimized and are full of bad cards. Making a tournament quality deck from such a deck usually means replacing the entire deck to mimic the same deck concept but using good cards. Even that might not cut it in tournament play as not every archertype or subtype is up to the task.

I've been out of Modern Tournament play for a while now (focussing on legacy) but from what I hear Splinter Twin combo is still absurt. You can't beat a deck like that with a deck like yours. When designing a tournament deck it's not only about what you like to play it's about building something that has a chance of beating the big archetypes (combo, aggro and control) popular in the given meta.
Posted 30 May 2012 at 12:38