Discussion Forum

U/W Drake Control Deck

Here is a drake deck I am working on:

Two-Color Drake Control Deck

The basic idea is to implement two (sub)strategies: Prevent the opponent from playing good cards, and eventually use an abundance of drakes to reduce life. I had originally wanted to include Viral Drake, mostly because I think it is cool, but I decided I would be spreading my resources too thin if I tried to implement a third strategy (infect/proliferate). I also thought about including Coordinated Barrage, but this would be useless early on. However, I am thinking it might still be good to add a few more cards with a combined mana cost of 1, considering that Shrieking Drake does me little good in the early game.

Any suggestions on how I might improve this deck?
Posted 05 June 2012 at 04:46

- Shared Triumph and simular cards are more suited for token decks or any sort of deck that can get an unfair amount of creatures into play real fast (like some tribals can). You have 12 creatures which makes this card a waste of cardslots.

- you can easily drop 2xSould foundry (as it's a 4 drop), 1 Equilibrium and 1 Shrieking Drake (like you said it only needs to come online mid-game you don't need these in your starting 7)

that's 8 available cardslots you can fill with goodness
Posted 05 June 2012 at 15:14

Thank you for the thoughts. ^_^
Posted 06 June 2012 at 18:14