Discussion Forum

legacy U/g/w

i dont know. ideas?
Posted 10 June 2012 at 20:15

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=333193

that might help..
Posted 10 June 2012 at 21:17

lol at 1200 dollars to assemble it better work right?
Posted 12 June 2012 at 22:21

I played this style of deck for a long time, it's my favourite deck to play but a bit slow in the current Meta and it's a very fair deck in the midst of a lot of very unfair decks.

One of the problems with your deck is that Swords to Plowshares and Delver of Secrets are kind of counter productive. When you play Swords to Plowshares you don't want to be the tempo deck. Playing Path to Exile main isn't an option because that ruins Daze and Spell Pierce.

For me the best possible opening when playing Bant is

T1: Noble Hierarch
T2: Vendilion Clique
T3: Jace, The Mind Sculptor

2 of those cards you don't even play. Green Sun's Zenith is another great tool for Bant you don't seem to play. It's the card that made Bant a great deck. It does so much for the deck.

- it smooths out your mana curve allowing you to play something at any casting cost from 1 (Dryad Arbor) to 4 (Knight of the Reliquary)
- it allows you to toolbox, playing 1 Scavenging Ooze and 1 Qasali Pridemage and therefor making your matchup against Reanimator, Dredge and Stoneblade decks conciderably better
- It's an insane tutor that you reuse over and over, giving you the correct creature whe you need it.
- It's like playing 4 extra mana dorks (fetching Dryad Arbor on T1 if you don't have Hierarch) without the downside of playing 8 mana dorks. The card is a mana dork Turn 1 but scales up into better cards when the game proceeds.

Bant doesn't really need Tarmogoyf. Knight is much bigger and avoids Spell Snare and both Qasali Pridemage and Scavenging Ooze are more versitile.

This is my base list

4 Noble Hierarch
3 Vendilion Clique
1 Qasali Pridemage
4 Knight of the Reliquary
2 Snapcaster Mage
1 Scavenging Ooze

4 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Ponder

4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Path to Exile
4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
3 Daze

3 Jace, The Mindsculptor

1 Dryad Arbor
4 Windswepth H.
4 Misty R.
3 Tropical
2 Tundra
1 Forest
1 Island
2 Wasteland
1 Horizon Canopy
1 Savannah
1 Karakas

Side:

1 Progenitus
3 Natural Order
4 Spell Pierce
3 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Bojuka Bog
3 Surgecal Extraction

Natural Order in Side is the only way to easily beat Maverick which sees a lot of play over here in Belgium.

hope this helps you get some new ideas

cheers
Posted 13 June 2012 at 07:00

heres what im working with meow
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=333193

im into the tempo thing, some games i just completely overwhelm people and its pretty great. the lifegain off swords is annoying though, but it takes out prettty much anything, and thats pretty handy sometimes. also usually i gain enough of an advantage from taking out their dude and ride that for a win.
i cant really say enough good things about delver, and an exalted delver is pretty nasty.
there's an arguement against noble hierarch pumping out a t2 knight and that hes weak turn 2, but i think the point is that he can attack turn 3 as a 6/6 with hierach and thats pretty cool.

i really dont seem sold on jace the mindsculpr though. he can brainstorm everyturn, and thats cool and can bounce creatures and thats cool. but im already running 7-8 cantrips. i dunno, is he really all that great?
elpeth seems decent enouph and is 40 bucks cheaper. launching knights over people and making exalted delvers and more huge.
jitte kills mana dorks and other wienies

any thoughts or ideas?
Posted 24 June 2012 at 23:56

i am about to order some quasali pridemages though to try out.
im really into the green sun zenith idea also..

any thoughts on steppe lynx? he doesnt seem to bad, i dont know if i would use him here... but he seems pretty sweet.

also, engineered explosives seems like it could be pretty great. but wrath takes out more things, so i dont know.
Posted 25 June 2012 at 01:14