Discussion Forum

Myrgenitus

This is my first post not sure if it goes here..
sorry if it doesn't..:

Myrs and Progenitus live together in perfect harmony!!

This is an idea that popped in my head, so tell me what you think, i might need a way to get the myrs out very fast..

copper+gold+iron+leaden+silver myr+Mana reflection= progenitus

copper+gold+iron+leaden+silver myr + 2mana + Myr Galvanizer + copper+gold+iron+leaden+silver myr = progenitus

any five mana + Crystal Quarry + mana reflection = progenitus

quicksilver amulet also

Deck link: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=353353

if you can post on both, so viewers can see all feedback
Posted 23 June 2012 at 19:28

in a casual build taking it that you probably don't have Natural Order, I would just go for a ramp deck with Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Sakura Tribe Elder and Solemn Simulacrum. Combine that with badass cards like Progenitus and a few other powerhouses. Cards like Tooth and Nail and Summoning Trap will help as well.
Posted 23 June 2012 at 19:42

[QUOTE=Seth]in a casual build taking it that you probably don't have Natural Order, I would just go for a ramp deck with Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Sakura Tribe Elder and Solemn Simulacrum. Combine that with badass cards like Progenitus and a few other powerhouses. Cards like Tooth and Nail and Summoning Trap will help as well.[/QUOTE]

Summoning trap would help a lot, I never understood what people meant by ramp?
Posted 23 June 2012 at 19:56

it means you accelarate the amount of land you put on the battlefield each turn. All the cards I named allow you to search for land and put it into play. It's way better to have 10 land turn 5 then it is to have 5 land and 5 myrs that create a total of 10 mana. The reason is that mass removal spells like wrath of god totally destroy your board position when you rely on mana creatures like myrs. This is not the case when you accelerate your mana base.
Posted 23 June 2012 at 20:44

[QUOTE=Seth]it means you accelarate the amount of land you put on the battlefield each turn. All the cards I named allow you to search for land and put it into play. It's way better to have 10 land turn 5 then it is to have 5 land and 5 myrs that create a total of 10 mana. The reason is that mass removal spells like wrath of god totally destroy your board position when you rely on mana creatures like myrs. This is not the case when you accelerate your mana base.[/QUOTE]

Alright thnx for explaining it. it also makes great sense also wraath of god is also one of the few things people would use i could imagine being so cheap for what it does, taking out the beast. Crystal Quarry wont work as well as i thought any more i reread mana reflection.
Posted 23 June 2012 at 21:00

Hey I took a look at your deck and thought you could drop some of the vivids and go with urzatron (Urza Tower, Urza Mine, Urza Powerplant) as well? Way I see it, if you are using the Myr on getting you the colored mana you could go with those over all the vivid lands and perhaps shimmering grotos? This would perhaps speed up mana to amass myr.
Posted 27 June 2012 at 01:41

Also i find Maze of Ith over Mystifying Maze is a better play as well especially if you are playing it for its ability more so than its mana source.
Posted 27 June 2012 at 01:44

he plays the vivid lands becuase of progenitus's multicolored mana cost, you can't play progenitus with urzatron.

(the maze of ith thing is probably because of the huge price difference between the cards. Maze of ith is an expensive card the other one is not)
Posted 27 June 2012 at 06:50

Hey Seth,

I see the Progenitus is multi colored, but isn't he using the Myr abilities to cover this colored cost? Even with that said, wouldn't he even be better off with basic land types over the vivid if this is the case?
Posted 27 June 2012 at 21:28