Discussion Forum

Angel/Demon Deck - Need Assistance

Hi guys, been playing MTG (Very) casually for the last decade or so, and this is my first time here.

So I've been playing (and modifying as time goes on) my elf deck for about 10 years now, and frankly I'd like to start something a bit fresh. I've never played anything else, I play very casually, and don't know a whole lot about MTG, to be honest. Tournament legality is completely irrelevant. So here's the deal:

I'm looking to make an angel/demon deck (White & Black), and am looking for a basic method for playing (I.e. my elves focus on using Elvish Piper/Fauna Shaman, along with large amounts of small creatures and overrun/Ezuri to overwhelm my opponent) this deck. I know angels/demons have a big problem with casting cost, so I'm looking for something to offset this. My basic idea is to have some low end white/black creatures to keep me alive while I try to either gain mana or get a Quicksilver Amulet out to get some higher end creatures.

That's my idea so far. TL;DR version is, I need help figuring out how to operate the angel/demon deck I'm looking into buying. My basic idea is certainly up to negotiation, and any info's appreciated.
Posted 28 June 2012 at 03:37

Hey,

Now Im not very familiar with angel demon decks, and personally I absolutely hate white (i don't have it in a single one of my decks) however my buddy who plays angels, uses a couple of cards that either a) let you put another angel into play when you play the first, or b) if you are going to play black another way to go would be to play reanimator knock them into your graveyard and then either reanimate or animate dead to get them out quick! Just some thoughts, and I'll have to get back to you on the name of the angel cards he uses for my first point.
Posted 01 July 2012 at 15:44

If you do not mind including a source of red mana, I imagine you could make good use of Kaalia of the Vast. For cards that have a low mana cost and that would count as angels or demons (in order to benefit from Kaalia's ability or what have you) take a look at creatures that have changeling (e.g. Mirror Entity). You could also introduce non-angel, non-demon creatures in the early game, as you suggested, and then use Angelic Destiny to make them angels later on.

I will be interested in seeing what you come up with. ^_^
Posted 02 July 2012 at 06:42

You could just go :manag::manab::manaw: and add a mana acceleration shell:

4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Cultivate
2 Kodama's Reach
4 Solemn Simulacrum

3 Plains
3 Swamp
16 Forest

That should do it

Green also gives you access to

Summoning Trap
Greater Good, Harmonize, ... many other good draw spells
Genesis Wave
Tooth and Nail
Rude Awakening
Fierce Empath (= great tutor for your angel/demon package)
Posted 03 July 2012 at 13:33