Discussion Forum

Help with W/B Cleric Deck

This is my latest deck:

White and Black Cleric Deck

I need to make some changes. I built the deck to a great extent because I adored the idea of imprinting Soul Foundry with Soul's Attendant, Leonin Relic-warder, and Priest of Gix, so I am not up for reducing the number of any of those cards. In order to take advantage of the synergy more frequently I figure I will eventually buy some Enlightened Tutors. I am also considering increasing the number of Battletide Alchemists by at least one and possibly adding another Starlit Sanctum (this was the game-winning card for me in the only game I have one so far). Apart from the Confessors I figure that the Misery Charms are the most expendable cards in the deck.

What do you think?
Posted 01 July 2012 at 03:48

Cavern of souls might be a good land card for you since you are pretty much doing only cleric creatures and artifacts.
Posted 10 July 2012 at 18:26

I think you sould not play a high mana costing card 4 times just because it's your main combo. If you play Soul Foundry when you have 4 mana available and they shoot it down it's serious card disadvantage for you. So it's best to play it only when you can immediatly get a use out of it as well making it a high mana cost spell that shouldn't have 4 slots dedicated to it.

4xSwiftfoot Boots seems excessive as well. Mother of runes is far better and you only run 2 of those and neither will protect you from sweepers.
Posted 11 July 2012 at 06:59

I've always liked edgewalker for b/w cleric decks, and an interesting deterrence for field sweeps that i've always liked is field of souls. And i agree that 4 soul foundry is alot for this deck. Cool deck tho
Posted 15 August 2012 at 05:11