Discussion Forum

A Beginner's Highlander - W Lifegain

Morning gents,

I just came up with my first highlander/singleton deck, ever.
I would greatly appreciate any advice whatsoever - something doesn't quite feel right about it at all.

http://www.mtgvault.com/DrawSimulator.aspx?DeckID=360472

The win con is Felidar Sovereign, Test of Endurance, Serra's Avatar or Ajani's Avatar, depending on the board state. To enhance that I crammed as much synergy/life gain in there as I could. The only cards that do not contribute to the win con as such are board sweepers, card draws and white control.

Regards,
Gallifreyan.
Posted 12 July 2012 at 17:46

Hey mate, just working on one of my own decks atm, got a bunch of cards in today, so I don't have a ton of time to look through yours.... but I will mention that a few of your cards are banned in french (serras avatar, serra's ascendant, sensei's top, etc), but that's not a big deal if you don't play those rules.

Also, kitchen finks I don't believe is allowed in a monowhite.

Your win conditions require you to draw the card, since you have no tutoring for said win conditions (that I saw). You need more card draw in that case, imo. Also a scroll rack should really help this deck find those cards. How the heck does this deck not run enlightened tutor??

On a side note. You may find yourself getting gang raped if your opponents realize your win condition is basically hitting 50 life. You may also consider artifacts like howling mine or font of mythos to divert a little hate elsewhere while helping you dig to those cards you need. They should combo well with the cards that remove a max hand size for you.
Posted 12 July 2012 at 22:58