Discussion Forum

Is "Pseudo-Storm' Viable in Standard?

So is Storm a viable option for standard?

And for all you kiddies out there who don't know what storm is, Tendrils of Agony. Storm is generally a vast collection of Mana Rituals (Infernal Plunge, Dark Ritual), draw spells(Sign in Blood) and of course a card that it all leads up to. the idea with a storm is to make a huge combo in one turn (not neccesarily turn 1) soooo big that if finishes your opponent in one gigantic strike.

In a "pseudo-storm" deck, it follows the same ideals and general concept, however it uses a non-storm card to achieve the win condition. This can be just about any spell big enough to do the job, you could even make one out of Fireball, not advisable however.

I would most certainly vote yes with cards around at the moment like Past in Flames, Reforge the Soul and Faithless Looting.

Here's my deck - :manar: Storm in Standard :manar:

So please post any ideas you have!
Posted 13 July 2012 at 06:30

[QUOTE=BaronVengeous]
The "storm mechanic" doesn't have to be a card with storm. [/QUOTE]

I would argue that it does. misusing archetype names only lead to confusion.

what you're describing is just a good old fashion combo deck.

and no, the deck list that you posted is not viable in Standard.
Posted 13 July 2012 at 15:11

I could maybe see it with cards like Talrand, Sky Summoner and Charmbreaker Devils using that Arcane Melee loop that I forget how to do.
Posted 13 July 2012 at 15:12

[QUOTE=Seras]I would argue that it does. misusing archetype names only lead to confusion.[/QUOTE]

fair enough, i'll reword that.

And as for the deck, it's quite viable, and although it's not greatly reliable, it is just a fun deck i threw together, just to see what happened :)
Posted 21 July 2012 at 01:01