Discussion Forum

Nicol Bolas

I would love to see a deck that can play Nicol Bolas - Planeswalker.
I'm working on such a deck but I need all the help I can get as this is not really my type of deck to builld :D

http://www.mtgvault.com/EditDeck.aspx?DeckID=362756
Posted 18 July 2012 at 08:17

Dude :confused:, your link is to the edit page, which no one can access. Change it so i can see this deck! :)
Posted 21 July 2012 at 00:55

Doh! Didn't even know that was possible!

Hope this is the right link then :)

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=362756
Posted 21 July 2012 at 23:46

Cool, although you may want to just edit the original post to change the link :)

Anyway, cool deck. One change i might suggest is that you swap Sulfur Falls with Drowned Catacomb, as Swamps are your main land, and therefore Mountains/Islands aren't reliable enough to get the dual land trigger (or more to the point, not as reliable in this deck as Swamp/Island
Posted 22 July 2012 at 02:13

hey Jestrix!

I've been waiting to see a working bolas deck with some m13 cards in it :)

I would like to see a splash more of blue in this deck...with that being said:

- I would drop the 2x sever the bloodline and 3x ponder for 3x peel from reality and a couple vapor snag / unsummon...these would work well with the snap casters...

-i understand that the fog banks are for defense, but this deck needs a touch of speed...I would consider dropping the fog banks for some augur of bolas' (will help you cycle through spells like snap caster, and give you more card draw/speed)...possibly a couple of delvers? although i'm unsure how they would fit in...

-i feel that the 2x vanishment can be replaced also, as the peel from reality / vapor snag/ unsummons can take care of replacing snap caster back in your hand for far less mana...

-i know it's rotating out shortly, but for the meantime i would consider doom blade instead of the murders...dismembers / tragic slips could work also :)

as far as the lands go, i can't offer you any help...never played a tri-colored deck which worked well...been working on a R/U/W deck, but can't figure out the lands...

at any rate, great concept! let me know how it tests against some other decks :)
Posted 22 July 2012 at 11:39

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll look into them changes :D
Posted 22 July 2012 at 20:09