Discussion Forum

Need help with blue/white angel control deck

Hey guys new to the forums. I created a blue/white angel control deck. I did not add many angels, but my main creature card is angels. This deck is a little lengthy, so any advice on what to replace certain cards with or what to take out or what to add etc. The deck is 71 cards currently which ik may be too much for some. Here it is.
20 creatures
4x elite vanguard
4x baneslayer angels
4x knight of the white orchid
4x wall of denial
4x serra avatar

3 Planeswalkers
2x Jace Beleren
1x Ajani caller of the pride

20 spells
4x mind control
4x mana leak
4x negate
4x path to exile
4x cancel

28 land
12x plain
10x island
2x glacial fortress
4x evolving wilds

Any help would be appreciated. I am fairly new to the game of magic so please go easy on me. Thanks guys.
Posted 19 July 2012 at 02:43

Why would you play a monster like Serra Avatar as a full set? Do you really want to see it in your hand turn 1 every game? Deck building does not mean you take 4 of each of a bunch of random cards and call it a deck. Spells you are going to play turn 1 and turn 2 you take as full sets, then the number should be dropping unless you have some brillant way to cheat high costing stuff into play early on.

Also on your mana base everything that cost :manaw::manaw: or :manau::manau: is going to be a problem early on and should be avoided. You should be aiming at stuff that costs :manau: or :manaw: + colorless mana unless you want to invest in a better manabase.
Posted 19 July 2012 at 13:23

Like I said, I am new to the game so I dont really know what I'm doing. GIve me a break. Any advice?
Posted 19 July 2012 at 17:24

It looked like you were given a ton of advice. Start with dropping the full play sets of high cost cards.
Posted 20 July 2012 at 20:52

Ok so I reduced the Serra Avatars to two and the mind controls to two. What else should be taken out or what else should be added etc? What do you guys think of adding Luminarch Ascension in place of something else?
Posted 22 July 2012 at 02:53