Discussion Forum

Need some feedback

I have a r/w lockdown deck based off the opponent essentially committing suicide and direct damage. But I was thinking if i needed to add a better creature removal other than just damage, or what I need to make sure i keep creatures off the field. I only have 5 creatures because i don't want many creatures in this deck, too many field damage spells. Also I was thinking if I wanted to have more mana barbs or if anything in the lockdown part of it needed changed, I wanna keep for the most part spellshock, pyrostatic pillar, and mana barbs as my key cards to the lockdown. What do ya think?

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=204522
Posted 25 July 2012 at 05:17

playing few creatures means those creatures will draw all the creature specific hate your opponent has to them and the chance that they actually do anything is small. It's better to play no creatures and make all creature removal your opponent plays dead cards.

I would probably play ghostly prison and Wrath of God as early defense. A good creature for your deck would be Academy Rector as it is supposed to die.
Posted 26 July 2012 at 11:35

I was thinking wrath of god or judgement day would be something i should look into, and I do like ghostly prison, i've looked at adding some in before, but i only own one at the moment. As for academy rector, that card is absolutely amazing but it like a 12 dollar card. Once i get a lil more financially stable that is a def. must ill look into. So you really think this deck would be better off creatureless? Ill have 5 open slots to fill if i take them out, I dont own any day of judgements sadly yet, and only one ghostly prison, so i'll have to think what to add for the moment, maybe a couple path to exile for right now? what do you think? any ideas?
Posted 26 July 2012 at 16:41

for the time being I threw in 1 ghostly prison, 1 smoke, 1 meekstone, and 2 path to exile, I'm thinking i actually might want 2 smoke and 2 meekstone, i really like those 2 cards for this deck. Thinking about adding a 3rd path to exile, but i dont know what i'd wanna take out for that.
Posted 26 July 2012 at 17:05