Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: Whole New Game

Ok so this is going to be a very very odd deck. I found a site that i can make VERY realistic MTG Cards. The simple thing to do is just print out things with Perfect Synergy and Destroy. Thats just not right (outside of a fun game of showing it off). What i want to see, is a Sleeper. I want to make cards that have abilities that are apparently useless. Case in Point: Horseshoe Crab. Its ability to Untap itself is really Pathetic, so nobody cares about it. Then when Viridian Longbow and Charisma drop onto it, It becomes a little aquatic God. I want suggestions not of cards that exist, but ones that SHOULD exist. Nothing huge...I dont want to see board clears for 2 Mana or anything. I want to see things that nobody would ever expect to work, but do. Yes i know it's stupid, but i've got the time....So why not?

If i get enough good cards from this, Ill give you all the Link to the site.
Let your Imaginations run Free :)
Posted 28 August 2012 at 06:52

If you will Include a link to some Art you'd like on them, Ill do that for you too.
Posted 28 August 2012 at 06:53

How about zombies the sac them selves and deals u 2 damage then add on enchament bounce back to bring it back from the grave every turn then add on enchantment double truble that sends the loss of life to targe player but twice the amount making it a bouncing 4 damage dealer but none of wich none are enchant crature
Posted 28 August 2012 at 09:26

How exactly would those be worded? Talking about them all at once gets a bit confusing...
Posted 28 August 2012 at 10:38

Something like this, a Zombie that can return other Zombies (and other stuff) to your hand?164
Posted 28 August 2012 at 11:01

yeah something like that. Then the other would be if ur creature deals damage to you redirect the damge to target player then double it
Posted 28 August 2012 at 16:21

and as for being confusing not really end of turn my zombie dies with enchament Ill make it deal four damage to u instead and as it hits the grave ill boiunce it back to my hand
Posted 28 August 2012 at 16:22

mine 2GG
copy destroy target emblem then put a copy of that emblem into plat under your control remove from game at the end of turn

( made it green so blue cant abuse it that much)
Posted 30 August 2012 at 02:19

Alright, last year me and my friends were thinking of quircky planeswalkers we could make, and decided on a spider tribal planeswalker!

I have made my own about last year but I would love to see another person's take on it. (Think of it as a challenge within your challenge for you personally :D, although others may try it out if you would like!)

Card Name: Asmarael, Queen of Spiders
Card Type: Planeswalker
Obviously should have some connection with spiders

Those are the only real guidelines
I didn't want to post this as a new thread, I just wanted to see what you could do with this. I will post mine after you post yours if you choose to accept!
Posted 30 August 2012 at 13:53

When the card Creator i use comes back online (went down due to too much traffic...grrr) I shall indeed make a Plainswalker. If the site can do it...If not i may just make it myself.
Posted 31 August 2012 at 04:15

Looking forward to it! :)

Also, if you feel the need to actually create the card I use Magic Set Editor. You can download it free, and you won't have to worry about the site being down. (not trying to advertise just saying)
Posted 01 September 2012 at 03:16

i think i know which site you are taking about:):):)
Posted 01 September 2012 at 12:07

I couldnt think of a name for it...So i just stole yours. This is actually the first one i've made where i know who the artist is.

Posted 02 September 2012 at 13:30

Thanks...I had actually never heard of it. Ill try that pretty soon :)
Posted 02 September 2012 at 13:32

So yeah i think its a bit overpowered....But hell, I like it.

Posted 02 September 2012 at 13:43