Discussion Forum

Legacy Show and Tell

Hey everyone,

Here's a Legacy deck I was playing that originally used Dream Halls. I am upgrading to Omniscience and I don't know if I should get rid of the 4x Progenitus or not... (I only used him as Dream Halls pitch fodder) and if so what to put in it's spot?

Any advise would be awesome, thanks in advance!

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=380890
Posted 03 September 2012 at 11:52

progenitus is a pretty good card, but if you wanna kinda combo off of omniscience you can think about adding griselbrand or jin-gitaxias... let you draw a bunch of spells to cast for free with omniscience... griselbrand allows you to control what you draw more than jin-gitaxias, but jin gitaxias completely shuts the opponent down.... I would keep the progenitus in there, maybe not all 4... If you add one of the two cards i said it's nice to have something to play like that when you are drawing a bunch of cards....Emrakul is never a bad idea for show and tell either... I like the false cure beacon of immortality combo you have in there btw, it's a cool idea to have with omniscience... =p
Posted 03 September 2012 at 12:39

Thanks for the input,

I just traded off my Griselbrands but I still have some Jin's and some Emrakuls. I will add them on the app and see how it plays out. The big stompies are there just to delay long enough to get the combo off assuming I can't get it on turn 2. It works extremely well actually. One problem I have seen is with Curse of Exhaustion... My buddy always seems to have one when I cast Show and Tell lol.
Posted 03 September 2012 at 12:56

Thanks for the advice,

I am going to make the changes on my app and see how it draws out. I traded off my Griselbrands but I still have my Jin's and Emrakul's. I was also tossing the idea around of using a few Mystical Tutors.

I have a buddy that always seems to have a Curse of Exhaustion whenever I cast Show and Tell... that really messes my gameplan up lol. But the combo going off on turn 2 happens pretty often. It's a blast!
Posted 03 September 2012 at 13:03

No problem, and ya curse of exhaustion i can see to be annoying, but once you have omniscience out you still have one free spell a turn =p play emrakul and the opponent has to worry about sacking 6 permanents which might end up being the curse anyhow and you get even another turn for free haha
If you play jin gitixias and they can only play once spell a turn too, mostly because they will be playing off the draw.
and play progenitus and that's just a scary 10 damage every turn....

Though the curse might mess up your false cure, beacon of immortality combo so that would kinda suck haha, but as long as you have an arsenal of backup it'll still all work out in your favor.
Posted 03 September 2012 at 13:14

you could run 1-2 lotus petal and possibly go off t1.
why only 2 brainstorm?
Posted 10 September 2012 at 06:08

you could run 1-2 lotus petal and possibly go off t1.
why only 2 brainstorm?
Posted 10 September 2012 at 06:10

I thought about the lotus petal idea before. It sounds great but the chances of getting it to go off on T1 are low. I would have to pull something out that is critical to making it go off on T2. Maybe I will pull out some cards and play test it again but before it make the deck weaker. I would rather have a 75% shot at a T2 kill vs a 15% chance at a T1.

I chose to put in only 2 Brainstorms vs the 3 Preordain and 4 Ponder becase Brainstorm does not allow me to totally get rid of the cards drawn if they are not what I am looking for. Brainstorm is still crazy good but in this deck if I don't draw exactly what I want, I want to get it off the top of the deck.

Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it :)
Posted 10 September 2012 at 13:39

you should play brainstorm and play use fetches to shuffle away the unnecessary cards. brainstorm is also good to hide combo pieces when someone plays thoughtsieze/duress/inquisition. also you can brainstorm in response to your opponent playing a spell and draw into a daze or a force if you dont already have one.

i suggest 4 brainstorm, 3 ponder, 2 preordain

also maybe drop the echoing truth from the main deck, and add an emrakul. maybe even 3 progenitus, 2 emrakul
Posted 11 September 2012 at 02:00

I changed the Brainstorm/Ponder/Preordain ratio over. I have not played this deck in a tourney before and the guys I usually play with seldom use any serious discard/hand hate. I definately see the outcome being bad if I can't "hide" the key cards for a turn or 2 lol.

I really want to play the Emrakul's... but I think Progenitus is better in this deck. Emrakul has 2 fallbacks here, I can't pitch him for Force of Will and I can't grab him with Conflux. I am also running the one single Echoing Truth just to help with cards like Curse of Exhaustion. Usually I end up needing more than one but I can grab the one I run with Conflux if it's critical.

I do own 2 Emrakul's... do you think it's worth it to get rid of FoW fodder for a card I can't Conflux search for?
Posted 11 September 2012 at 03:13

in order for you to play conflux , you need omniscience, and show and tell. which can be hard to get sometimes. emrakul can basically win the game on his own without conflux or omniscience

annihilator 6 is insane

i think having a solid back-up plan could make things more consistant but who knows,
try it out? and if it doesnt feel right, change it back ^_^
Posted 11 September 2012 at 03:55

I see your point and thanks again for the input. Back when I ran this off Dream Halls, the Progenitus's were vital for pitch casting. Now with Omnipotence (that thing is super broken) I should be able to go to 2 Progenitus and 2 Emrakul. I will keep you guys posted on how it plays out. Thanks again for the deck ideas.:D
Posted 11 September 2012 at 10:28

The guy I know who plays Omniscience combo plays it with 4 Living Wish + 4 Burning Wish. It's a pretty good deck.
Posted 11 September 2012 at 15:10

heres my buddy's deck
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=383473

pretty nasty ub show and tell.

hes got a sweet combo in the side with petals of insight and brainfreeze
Posted 11 September 2012 at 17:31

[QUOTE=alleywayjack]heres my buddy's deck
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=383473

pretty nasty ub show and tell.

hes got a sweet combo in the side with petals of insight and brainfreeze[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's what they play at tournaments except that your friend isn't running burning whish to get the combo from his sideboard. Burning whish can get the alt win as well as your 4th show and tell making the deck a lot better. It can also fetch removal.
Posted 12 September 2012 at 06:50

That combo is pretty sweet! I like it! I think I have just been inspired.
Posted 12 September 2012 at 10:09