Discussion Forum

Grixis Zombie

I am almost positive that this deck would be modern, If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=384813

I am really interested to see if this is a good build and what I could do to make it better.
Posted 13 September 2012 at 15:42

Modern is as of 8th edition and up, so no Dark Ritual and Soulless One.

Because of all the different cards it's hard to say how well the deck will run. You can increase the performance by restricting the mana base to 3 colors which will make the deck more consistent. Staying away from spells that are very hard to cast like Gravepact (in a multicolored deck) and Cruel Ultimatum is a good idea as well.
Posted 17 September 2012 at 11:11

Ok for modern play, I'd take those out. As for cruel being hard to play, I can almost play it every game turn 7 without dark rit. I have not had much use for Grave pact really though. I built this with just cards I had laying around. Once I can get back into a shop I'll make it more solid. I know they will be releasing some new grixis cards probally in this new block, so I'll have to see what happens. The deck runs good, the main problem i've seen is having problems getting a quick start.
Posted 17 September 2012 at 16:20

In order to say that a deck runs good you need to play it under pressure against a deck that is proven to run good. Try a few games against RUG Delver for instance or Zoo. That's always good to see how well a deck performs.
Posted 18 September 2012 at 07:10