Discussion Forum

Fast discard

Here's the challenge: create the faster discard deck possible with at least 2 colors in it.
One of the colors MUST be black.
Go!
Posted 18 September 2012 at 21:31

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=384250
here is a deck that I made a while ago it can be pretty fast
Posted 19 September 2012 at 17:42

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=386787

I'm not sure how you could make it any faster... This deck can force a full hand discard on their first turn before you even take a turn.
Posted 20 September 2012 at 05:45

I like both decks but there's a little problem Epsilon: good and strong combos, but I don't see how can you say your deck is fast. You only have 20 lands in a deck that:
- it's multicolor: the more colors there are, the more lands should be in the deck
- has a lot of high CMC cards: you will hardly play those 9 cards in a game. Moreover if you have so few lands

For the moment wins Xaeron, but I think it's possible to make a cheaper deck
Posted 20 September 2012 at 17:33

I don't think you understand the point of my deck... The high cmc has no merit and there's only one non-black spell that will ever be hard cast. Having multiple colors does NOT require more lands, it requires a stronger mana base, that includes non-land ramp. The biggest cmc in the deck that will ever be hard cast is 3.

The low curve, mana fixing and extra draw in the deck actually would allow it to work with even fewer lands but I put 20 in so you have lands to discard to finish your opponent.

Card costs aren't very relevant when you're looking for the theoretical fastest deck. The deck could be done with a cheaper mana base but it would become much slower and less reliable. I did at least avoid power 9 and original duals... Turn 0 discards would still be possible but after that the deck would stall.
Posted 20 September 2012 at 22:16

Yeah, i see the point of your deck: the combo between dark ritual, buried alive, reanimate, entomb, animate dead etc. is very good. And if you are able to play Jin-Gitaxias then you have a very good chance of winning.
But it's a big if! Nicol Bolas is quite improbable to be played, and if you can't put in the game Jin-Gintaxias till the 5-6th (or even 7-8th ...) turn your opponent will crash you meanwhile.
Posted 21 September 2012 at 12:00

[QUOTE=Pigna]Yeah, i see the point of your deck: the combo between dark ritual, buried alive, reanimate, entomb, animate dead etc. is very good. And if you are able to play Jin-Gitaxias then you have a very good chance of winning.
But it's a big if! Nicol Bolas is quite improbable to be played, and if you can't put in the game Jin-Gintaxias till the 5-6th (or even 7-8th ...) turn your opponent will crash you meanwhile.[/QUOTE]

i really don't think you understand. starting hand.
leyline of anticipation
gemstone mine
buried alive
exhume-reanimate etc.
swamp
lotus petal x2
okay on their upkeep B4 they do ANYTHING

gemstone mine comes into play with a luck counter on it
reveal leyline starts in play since ur stuff has flash cast the lotus petals
pay 3 buried alive and fetch. nicol bolas ANGER and finnally jin *(for options later in the game) and let them play their insignificant turn ur turn play a swamp and play reanimate targeting nicol bolas because rage is in your graveyard he has haste swing with nicol bolas and due to EXTREMELY LOW CHANCES that your opponent has a flyer they discard their hand turn 1. and then they cry a little on the inside and ragequit.
Posted 23 September 2012 at 16:18

[QUOTE=Pigna]Yeah, i see the point of your deck: the combo between dark ritual, buried alive, reanimate, entomb, animate dead etc. is very good. And if you are able to play Jin-Gitaxias then you have a very good chance of winning.
But it's a big if! Nicol Bolas is quite improbable to be played, and if you can't put in the game Jin-Gintaxias till the 5-6th (or even 7-8th ...) turn your opponent will crash you meanwhile.[/QUOTE]

Every deck has a plan. It doesn't matter what you're playing. If you don't draw the one card you need, you'll get wrecked in the mean time. This deck will almost always cheat one of the two creatures into play by the second turn and either reduce their hand size or just make them discard it on a (hasted) attack. Bolas was included in the case of a turn 1 Reliquary Tower and he could very easily be hard cast by turn 4 or sooner with the petals, rituals and fetches getting whatever lands you need at that time... I could add some more cards to make it more reliable but really it's fine as is with a good chance of full discard before turn 3.

The best deck in the world can still be screwed by drawing 10 lands in a row or drawing no lands.
Posted 24 September 2012 at 08:45

Ok ok, now i see it, It's quite better than what I thought
Posted 24 September 2012 at 14:52

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=395635

This is my black red discard burn deck. Easy turn five win.
Posted 18 October 2012 at 05:16