Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: Flawless Victory

So I started making a deck to prove a point, but it brought up an interesting puzzle.

What would be the absolute best deck if you ignore the Vintage restricted list?

Is it possible to design something with a 100% first turn win ratio regardless of your opponents deck?

Here's just something I thought up, it certainly doesn't reach that ratio and I can already see a few weaknesses that need to be addressed.
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=388059

However I'm interested to see what possibilities others come up with.
Posted 26 September 2012 at 16:16

[QUOTE=Tal]Is it possible to design something with a 100% first turn win ratio regardless of your opponents deck?[/QUOTE]

It's not possible. Regardless of how perfect your deck is, you will eventually get a hand that is Mox Rubyx4, Mountain, Black Lotusx2 or the equivalent no mana hand. Even if you mulligan, statistically, it will happen.

You also have to account for the opponent holding three copies of Force of Will + three storm crows or starting with a Leyline or Chancellor in their hands which could severly disrupt your strategy. There is an answer for every card in the game even turn 0/1. They might not always have access or the ability to play the card but any chance takes it below 100%.

Any turn 0/1 combo deck would work. Tolarian Academy is probably an auto include with no restrictions and aiming for turn 1 specifically.
Posted 27 September 2012 at 06:02

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]It's not possible. Regardless of how perfect your deck is, you will eventually get a hand that is Mox Rubyx4, Mountain, Black Lotusx2 or the equivalent no mana hand. Even if you mulligan, statistically, it will happen.

You also have to account for the opponent holding three copies of Force of Will + three storm crows or starting with a Leyline or Chancellor in their hands which could severly disrupt your strategy. There is an answer for every card in the game even turn 0/1. They might not always have access or the ability to play the card but any chance takes it below 100%.

Any turn 0/1 combo deck would work. Tolarian Academy is probably an auto include with no restrictions and aiming for turn 1 specifically.[/QUOTE]

Epsilon is right, no such thing as a perfect deck there is a solution for everything which means the game is balanced which is good.
But no matter how good a deck is its never going to win 100 percent of the time. NYWAY i feel like i'm repeating myself but

Answer: NO ITS not even possible in the slightest of chances.

unless you built a deck that didn't fallow the rules of the game such as. 60 chancelor of the dross' and you draw your hand before the game starts reveal them they lose 21 you gain 21 gg. to all before they can do anything. ^_^
Posted 28 September 2012 at 04:08

And even the chancellor of the dross deck can be beaten by you having one chancellor if the dross in your hand
Posted 07 October 2012 at 08:48