Discussion Forum

Modern Midrange Jund (-bob/goyf, +cool stuff) HELP!

I'm running Deathrite Shamans and fetchlands. Here's my list so far:

Creatures
2x Kitchen Finks
4x Bloodbraid Elf
4x Vampire Nighthawk
2x Huntmaster of the Fells
4x Deathrite Shaman

Land
1x Stomping Ground
1x Treetop Village
2x Twilight Mire
3x Arid Mesa
2x Marsh Flats
4x Verdant Catacombs
1x Forest
1x Mountain
1x Swamp
2x Raging Ravine
1x Kessig Wolf Run
2x Blood Crypt
2x Overgrown Tomb

Planeswalkers
3x Liliana of the Veil

Spells
4x Lightning Bolt
1x Thoughtseize
2x Terminate
2x Maelstrom Pulse
3x Inquisition of Kozilek
4x Sign in Blood
2x Abrupt Decay

Here's the link:
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=399833

I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice!!
Posted 28 October 2012 at 18:36

I'm running a simular list for a tournament this friday. I went with 3 Abrubt Decay, 2 pulse, 4 bolt and 1 Dreadbore as my removal in addition to the 3 Liliana. I'm also running 3 Rancor but I'm thinking of dropping 1 for a single Isochron Scepter. I think scepter is pretty good with 7 targets (you have 8) and can be valuable in a longer game with bolt attached.

In side I think I'll try Obstinate Baloth against discard decks and some Thrun, the Last Troll against counter heavy decks. I'm also going to play a few Raven's Crime in side possibly with 1 life from the loam against combo. And a few Relic of progenitus against graveyard strategies. Have to find room for Ancient Grudge as well.
Posted 30 October 2012 at 07:53

would you post a link or a list to/of your deck?

i added 2 "sygg, river cutthroat". and i like the scepter idea. i may try that. it would be nice to have lightning bolt imprinted + sygg.

what do you think about that 3cmc slot? would hypnotic specter be better than nighthawk? perhaps kitchen finks? boggart ram gang? sprouting thrinax?

also, i just picked up a sword of light and shadow yesterday. worth being a 1-of?
Posted 31 October 2012 at 18:31

thrinax is still a very strong card in my opinion, it's good to stall the game for a while. Kitchen finks is gold in modern with all the damage from your own landbase and such, it also delays aggro strategies and makes burn worse.
specter is bad in modern imo, so is ram gang. Nighthawk has potential if you can equip it or enchant it so it has a more impressive body.

1 sword of light and shadow is certainly worth playing.
Posted 04 November 2012 at 12:56