Discussion Forum

Myr Battlespheres?

When I attack with Myr Battlesphere and other Myr, do the Myr I tapped to attack with count towards the Battlesphere's pump and damage ability? Are there any other rulings with regards to the Battlesphere that I should know about?
Posted 04 November 2012 at 21:48

pumping Myr battlesphere is a triggered ability that requires you to tap Myr creatures in order to gain a benefit.
The ability triggers after attackers are declared which means that all Myrs that are already declared as attackers (declaring attackers has to be done all at once) are already tapped and can't be tapped again to pay for Battlespheres triggered ability.

If your creatures had vigelance you could declare them all as attackers and then still tap them to pump Battlesphere.
Posted 05 November 2012 at 08:46

[QUOTE=Seth]pumping Myr battlesphere is a triggered ability that requires you to tap Myr creatures in order to gain a benefit.
The ability triggers after attackers are declared which means that all Myrs that are already declared as attackers (declaring attackers has to be done all at once) are already tapped and can't be tapped again to pay for Battlespheres triggered ability.

If your creatures had vigelance you could declare them all as attackers and then still tap them to pump Battlesphere.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thank you. Then that brings up another question for me. After declaring attackers , could I use a Myr Galvanizer's ability to untap all the myr I'm attacking with then re tap them for Battlesphere?
Posted 05 November 2012 at 14:54

yes you can, battlesphere's ability goes on the stack and can be responded to, you can respond with galvenizer, untap all myrs, then tap them as battlespheres ability resolves
Posted 05 November 2012 at 15:18

[QUOTE=Seth]yes you can, battlesphere's ability goes on the stack and can be responded to, you can respond with galvenizer, untap all myrs, then tap them as battlespheres ability resolves[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. That makes my myrs even stronger then.

Edit: Oh wow. Then does that mean that, supposing I also have 2 galvanizers and a palladium myr, which lets me tap and untap indefinitely, that I could deal however much damage I want with the battlesphere, as long as I have 1 other myr?
Posted 05 November 2012 at 16:42

[QUOTE=kerdon]Then does that mean that, supposing I also have 2 galvanizers and a palladium myr, which lets me tap and untap indefinitely, that I could deal however much damage I want with the battlesphere, as long as I have 1 other myr?[/QUOTE]

No, the ability triggers only once and can be payed for only once.
Posted 05 November 2012 at 22:22

[QUOTE=Seth]No, the ability triggers only once and can be payed for only once.[/QUOTE]

Aww. Oh well. Still awesome. Thanks for the help.
Posted 06 November 2012 at 00:47