Discussion Forum

Stuffy Doll

Probably been asked already and i apologise if this an repeat.

With Stuffy Doll only having 1 toughness, does this mean you can only do 1 damage to it and your opponent only takes one damage. Or can you nuke it with a fireball for say 10 damage and still do 10 damage to your opponent?

Thanks
Posted 06 November 2012 at 05:50

you can hit it with as much damage as you like, and it will deal that much damage. When blocking for instance a 5/5, stuffy will take 5 damage and deals 5 damage to the targeted player. When blocking a creature with trample however stuffy takes only 1 damage and the rest tramples over to you.
Posted 06 November 2012 at 08:12

Thank you Seth :)
Posted 06 November 2012 at 09:54

I need to go a little bit further on this actually Seth. if stuffy doll was attacked by a creature with Lifelink, would the controller of that creature only gain 1 life? no matter what the attack power of the creature was.

If so is this because it is in the combat phase? and this is why a 10 point fireball will do all of its damage, since damage calculation is decided there and then and not at the end of the phase?

Hopefully i've explained myself and the problem there :)
Posted 06 November 2012 at 18:11

Creatures deal all of their combat damage. If it has lifelink, they gain the full power as life even though it would only take 1 damage to "kill" the stuffy doll.

The only time this would not apply is if the creature was sacrificed after blocking, before damage or the attacker had double strike and the blocking creature died from first strike damage which would not matter with stuffy doll.
Posted 07 November 2012 at 06:12