Discussion Forum

Countering Dovescape?

For the past days, I've been trying to figure out on how to get Dovescape to affect everyone BUT yourself.

As far as rulings go, is it possible to play Dovescape then play a creature that gives you shroud, like True Believer causing it to no longer affect you, but everyone around you? Or even vice versa and play something that gives you shroud then play Dovescape.

Right now I was thinking of Leyline of Singularity then Dovescape then True Believer as a combo.
Posted 15 November 2012 at 07:39

dovescape doesn't target so shroud would not apply. It says whenever A player and not TARGET player.

Besides getting X 1/1 flyers for any spell that costs X seems far better then anything you can do in magic. If you want some kind of dovescape combo play uncounterble creatures (that works) and something that kills 1/1's like Dread of Night or engineered plague.

The trick is to stay alive for long enough to cast dovescape with half a deck dedicated to a soft multipiece combo that costs 6 mana.
Posted 15 November 2012 at 08:05

Not bad. Infinite counter spell. :3
Posted 06 December 2012 at 08:45

[QUOTE=Seth]dovescape doesn't target so shroud would not apply. It says whenever A player and not TARGET player.

Besides getting X 1/1 flyers for any spell that costs X seems far better then anything you can do in magic. If you want some kind of dovescape combo play uncounterble creatures (that works) and something that kills 1/1's like Dread of Night or engineered plague.

The trick is to stay alive for long enough to cast dovescape with half a deck dedicated to a soft multipiece combo that costs 6 mana.[/QUOTE]

Dovescape doesn't counter creatures.

So play creature heavy decks or play Boseiju, Who Shelters All or Vexing Shusher to make your spells uncounterable (and still get the tokens).

...or just play Guile to steal their spells (or your own). They'll still get the CMC worth of tokens but you will get an infinite number of tokens that you can stop at any time or you can make it uncounterable with the shusher.
Posted 07 December 2012 at 08:27

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]Dovescape doesn't counter creatures. [/QUOTE]

yeah sorry I missed that :)
Posted 07 December 2012 at 09:10