Discussion Forum

Black/blue Ninja deck help

Ok, well my friend bought me the Night of the Ninja 2012 planechase box cuz I've always been wanting to construct a ninja deck.

I took out some cards and threw in more copies of ninjas (especially Mistblade Shinobi) and a playset of Invisible Stalkers.

As far as improving goes, I'm pretty much clueless because I can't think of a main goal or purpose of the deck for it revolve around.
So far Invisible stalker + Quietus Spike is the only combo I seem to win by with it. No point of ninjas. :confused::eek:

My main goal is to make it a deck that can still win in a multiplayer match if at all possible. (Mainly 4-5 free-for-all)
Posted 06 December 2012 at 09:00

In order to win multiplayer games you need to build a control deck that can generate card advantage, aggro decks are bad at that sort of thing and can't win multiplayer games.

A typical traditional ninja deck is a tempo deck, tempo decks are really bad at winning long games so you can't play typical ninja decks in multiplayer.

You could use ninja's to bounce your own creatures in order to abuse come in play effects and use that to generate card advantage. Creatures like Mulldrifter/Shriekmaw/Reveillark. One of the best ninja's to use in a more control style deck is Okiba-Gang Shinobi. Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni is pretty good as well.

This is a deck I created a long time ago that you might use to get some ideas from. This configuration doesn't use ninja's but I've played it with ninja's in different configurations as well, but this is the only deck I have online that can serve as a shell for you:

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=88204
Posted 06 December 2012 at 14:49