Discussion Forum

Rite of Replication ?

Could someonme kindly explain to me how this card works with other cards?
I was browsing through gatherer, and i dont understand how it combos
In the Discussions below it says stuff like [QUOTE]Kicked with any Ally and you get 180 minimum of what ever that Ally's abiity is!
For example:
Hagra Diabolist, target player loses 180 life
Halimar Excavator, target player mills 180
Ondu Cleric, gain 180 life
Kazuul Warlord, everything gets +180/+180
With Allies, kicking this means game over.[/QUOTE]
and
[QUOTE]Rite of Replication + Opalescence + Doubling Season

Kick the Rite targeting the Season. You put 10 Doubling Season tokens into play, each as a 5/5 creature.

Now that you have 11 doubling seasons, any card that makes tokens or uses counters suddenly does 2048x what it used to do.

Then case Helix Pinnacle, paying 1 mana to {X} to win your next 20 games.[/QUOTE]
I dont understand!! help me please X___X am i doing the math wrong? :/
Posted 06 December 2012 at 20:48

With a single ally in play, and a kicked rites on it, you get 5 allies entering at the same time so they all see eachother when they enter. You get 5 triggers per creature, each counting 6 allies for 6 creatures. With Hagra Diabolist as an example, you get 30 triggers, (5 for the original plus 5 for each of the five entering, each lose 6 life to a target player) for 180 life lost.

For the Doubling Season example, multiple instances of Doubling Season are multiplicative. If you have two on the field and have one token enter, the first trigger makes that two, then the second trigger makes that four. With 11 of them in play, you get 2^11 counters/tokens for each original that would be added. (aka 2048)
Posted 07 December 2012 at 07:31