Discussion Forum

Confusion in emperor

If I'm a general in a game of emperor, and I control a Confusion in the Ranks, if my adjacent opponent general plays a creature, do they get to swap with a player in their range of influence, or mine?
Posted 12 December 2012 at 15:53

their range, but isn't the distance the same? I'm no expert on emperor as I never really liked it but the group I used to play in played emperor a lot and the range in our group was 2.
Posted 12 December 2012 at 16:50

Thank you! Yes the distance is the same but we each touch different players.
Posted 12 December 2012 at 16:53

I haven't played a lot of emperor but I was under the impression that (assuming 3 player teams) the emperor had a range of 2 but could not attack and the other players had a range of 1 so the emperors are in range of everyone but the other emperor from the start.

I haven't played with bigger sized teams to even worry about that range.
Posted 13 December 2012 at 08:19

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]I haven't played a lot of emperor but I was under the impression that (assuming 3 player teams) the emperor had a range of 2 but could not attack and the other players had a range of 1 so the emperors are in range of everyone but the other emperor from the start.

I haven't played with bigger sized teams to even worry about that range.[/QUOTE]

In our games everyone had a range of 2 and that made it relevant for stealing stuff.
Posted 13 December 2012 at 09:31

Like I said, I haven't played a lot of it but the reasoning was so that the other players couldn't just play burn/mill to kill the emperor's and ignore the other players.

I would not be surprised if we were playing it wrong though as we've only done it a couple times.
Posted 13 December 2012 at 10:09

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]Like I said, I haven't played a lot of it but the reasoning was so that the other players couldn't just play burn/mill to kill the emperor's and ignore the other players.

I would not be surprised if we were playing it wrong though as we've only done it a couple times.[/QUOTE]

All players have a range of 2 in our games. Emperors start at 30 life so burn is really hard to pull off unless both generals are playing it. Mill can be hated out usually by the emperor passing his creatures to the side of the mill player exclusively.
Posted 13 December 2012 at 10:16

[QUOTE=heliosofcows]All players have a range of 2 in our games. Emperors start at 30 life so burn is really hard to pull off unless both generals are playing it. Mill can be hated out usually by the emperor passing his creatures to the side of the mill player exclusively.[/QUOTE]

that and playing bigger decks, 60 card decks are not optimal in emperor as general decks. You need a strong control deck that can handle a wide veriaty of challenges, 60 card decks can't do that.
Posted 13 December 2012 at 11:32