Discussion Forum

More confusion

It's almost Friday and, as usual, I will be playing at the casual table. My question is this: Would it be alright if I used a Confusion in the Ranks deck? If so, could I take it a step further and run Grip of Chaos? Keep in mind, we play with 5-8 people and crazy stuff goes down at our table.
Posted 14 December 2012 at 00:36

That's really more of an issue to work out with your group.

However, if you do, make sure you're also playing with Norin the Wary and Genesis Chamber for good measure. :cool:
Posted 14 December 2012 at 07:21

like epsilon said, it's something you have to houserule. Confusion in the ranks is a typical casual card and is supposed to be fun. I personally don't like it because I play very expensive cards and I don't like my deck being all over the place but design wise I have no issue with the card.

Grip of Chaos looks like a great card, I personally would love multiplayer games where someone plays that card. It doesn't have the same practical problem Confusion in the Ranks is causing but does bring a little chaos to the game. Looks perfectly fine and fun to me.

Usually multiplayer groups have more of an issue with cards that stall the game as multiplayer games are already slow by nature. A card like Astral Slide for instance is a brilliant card but when you play it in multiplayer you end up with real slow play situations so our group has long ago banned it. Another card you can't play in multiplayer is something like Limited Resources. People just scoop it up when you play it. It kills the game.
Posted 14 December 2012 at 09:47

Thank you for your responses! I wasn't completely sure, but I figured if Timesifter is okay, then this would be too. Also, in response to _Epsilon_ , I am running Norin, but decided to run a bit of removal in place of Genesis Chamber, but I am running Steel Golem.
Posted 14 December 2012 at 14:00