Discussion Forum

Shady deck

Built a really fun deck to play, that uses the shade ability as my powerhouse(for the most part at least). By no means a tribal deck, and I can only assume by no means a tourny deck, but it's still very mean and really fun to play. Thought I'd share it with you all, what do you think?

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=414344
Posted 16 December 2012 at 19:55

needs Cabal Coffers

I would probably cut
3x Undying Evil
4x Bone Splinters

for better cards/removal. probably a few Tendrils of Corruption, Grasp of Darkness is pretty good as well.

How about playing 4xKorlash, Heir to Blackblade? And/or Oversold Cemetery.
Posted 17 December 2012 at 10:20

I agree with you on the cabal coffers, my buddies have a few and it's rough to get them to give them up haha, if they werent 10 dollars a cards i'd probably order a play set of them. I'm trying to come across a few tho.

And you dont think I need undying evil in there? I liked it as a pretty nice removal prevention(unless its something like path to exile). I liked using it for bonesplinters too... I kinda wanna keep the undying evils, but the bonesplinters i can probably switch out. What would be best to switch out for it, you think grasp of darkness?

I like korlash, that's a pretty neat little card... My card shop might have those I'm gonna look. The only thing I don't like, it it seems you gotta run 4 of him in a deck to get the full benefit from him. I'm not completely sure i'd wanna open 4 spots from my creatures for him, I could probably drop the gatekeepers for at least 2 open spots, but i love their dropping a creature while i gain one effect, but they are kinda up in the air for me as a needed card in the deck...
Posted 18 December 2012 at 01:30

Lashwrithe would also be better then Shade's form

took a lill spin on the deck, I know it's quite different and far from optimized...

4x Fleshbag Marauder
3x Gatekeeper of Malakir
3x Lord of the Undead
4x Korlash, Heir to Blackblade
3x Vampire Nighthawk
1x Skeletal Vampire
1x Dimir House Guard

1x Lashwrithe
1x Loxodon WarHammer

20x Swamp
2x Cabal Coffers

4x Mind Stone

2x Geth's Verdict
1x Tragic Slip
1x Undying Evil
3x Tendrils of Corruption
1x Consume Spirit
2x Grasp of Darkness
3x Damnation
Posted 18 December 2012 at 13:30

Interesting take on the deck, You took all my shades out with their fun pump up ability haha, but I actually think your deck would be really fun to face with this one....

Gonna go ahead and say it tho, that damnation is absolutely terrifying, I hate going up against field wipes....Other than that, I bet it'd be pretty fun matches, Lashwrithe is pretty effective, i use to have one but unfortunately traded it, thats way better than the shades pump up ability i'll def. give you that, but i really want a few now to combine them, it'd be a perfect compliment to my deck.

You should put at least another lashwrithe in your version, i think it's too good to not at least have 2 in.
Posted 20 December 2012 at 23:41

Dimir House Guard sort of functions as my second Lashwrithe as it can fetch cc4 spells. It also functions as my 4th damnation etc... You also have to realize that Lashwrithe gets better the longer the game drags on, it's of no use early on. But 2 might be better then one.

I should probably find a way to put in at least a shade or 3 back into the deck to sink all that mana from cabal coffers into. Now I only have Consume Spirit and Skeletal Vampire to pump mana into.
Posted 21 December 2012 at 09:26

[QUOTE=Seth]

I should probably find a way to put in at least a shade or 3 back into the deck to sink all that mana from cabal coffers into. Now I only have Consume Spirit and Skeletal Vampire to pump mana into.[/QUOTE]

Nantuko Shade is a good one if you can fit it in, I just came across one for my deck, a 2 drop with the normal shade ability is pretty hard to beat if you ask me =p

I think i will take your advice on the lashwrithe. I'm gonna look and once I come across 1 or 2 i'll update my deck with it
Posted 22 December 2012 at 03:58