Discussion Forum

Looking for a Green "landscrewer" Enchantment

Hello fellow mages,

I'm looking for an enchantment that effectively screws with your opponents lands, like the :manar: Blood Moon - Nonbasic lands are Mountains - enchantment.

I need something against Jund and was thinking something in that effect.

Are there any such :manag: spells available, or something similar in any way?
Posted 16 January 2013 at 02:24

Not to my knowledge. You can mana ramp and use somewhat high costed spells like Plow Under and acidic slime to get ahead and swing the balance. Don't know if this can be made competitive though. I'm even thinking goofy stuff like Thresher Beast now :)

The only really competitive way to destroy land in green is Wasteland/Stripmine or some kind of Modern legal toned down version of those in combo with Life from the Loam but since cycle lands aren't legal in Modern Loam isn't all that good. That and if you play Loam you want red and I'm guessing you want to play mono green?
Posted 16 January 2013 at 10:17

Yeah, I figured it was a long shot. Thanks for the reply though. I'll go try and figure something out, and maybe post the results here.
Posted 16 January 2013 at 17:15

What Format are you trying for? And outside of doing at least two colors your options are 0.
Posted 29 March 2013 at 16:39

There is one Green Enchantment you can use - Kudzu - can work if you have Life From the Loam or mana elves. As soon as your opponent gives you Kudzu, tap your land destroying it and give it back immediately on his best land. If you are playing mono-color this can be effective. More Casual than Good.
Posted 30 May 2013 at 03:14

There's a turn 4 sollution I think. Roaring primadox by turn 3, then acidic slime in turn 4. Then exploit the ETB-effect each turn. With more primadox'ers and slimes, you may remove 2-3 of your opponents lands each turn :)
Posted 03 September 2013 at 16:19